Saturday, May 30, 2009
1. It's cold and I shiver right after surgery.
2. Don't ever feed me tomatoes.
3. My favorite health and beauty product is Bath and Body Works shower gel.
4. Let's hop on our bikes and go for a nice long ride.
5. Well, first of all I have to catch up online, then I can play a bit.
6. Me, an ex, my daughters; those were the cast of characters in a recent dream and it was weird, very weird.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to painkillers, tomorrow my plans include finishing a project, holding the couch down and eating more "soft" foods and Sunday, I want to have my face back to normal size. I am tired of looking like the hunchback - er, ah I mean hunchface!
Monday, May 25, 2009
We had a marvelous time connecting, catching up and having fun. We pitched our tents, spread out our sleeping bags (blew up the air matresses), and went out for dinner. Camping is fun. We (the mom's) felt like having a mini-vacation too.
I feel like I have been out of touch. I didn't have my internet access. No TV. Not even radio. We did keep our cell phones. No sense in going fanatical about camping. It was a wonderful, relaxed weekend. Even with the loud-party-til-3-am-neighbors, we enjoyed it and are looking forward to another trip sometime in the future.
So here I am at waytoolateoclock, blogging and hoping you all understand that it will take me a few days to catch up with things. I will visit you all. Just be patient with me.
See you soon,
Saturday, May 23, 2009
I sat for quite some time not feeling the muse. So I finally just grabbed some black and white things and started throwing them around on a white card base until I liked the arrangement.
Thanks for looking. Now it's your turn to create something with your least favorite color.
Friday, May 22, 2009
1. Moving takes more energy these days than it used to.
2. I'll download just about anything if it's free.
3. My best quality is my eyes.
4. Don't ignore the details.
5. In nearly 10 years, we will be empty nesters. And I will miss the little messes all over the house.
6. A stiff drink is what I need right now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing our good friends at the campground, tomorrow my plans include waking in a tent and Sunday, I want to enjoy the great outdoors!
Monday, May 18, 2009
For the rest of the album go here. All of the pages are posted on Opus Gluei.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Before I head off though, here is this weeks Friday Fill-Ins:
1. If we had no winter then spring would not be so wonderful.
2. Each day brings a perpetual astonishment.
3. If I had my life to live over there is very little I would change.
4. Do you know how we can fit a few more hours inside of four and twenty hours.
5. If you've never been thrilled you haven't hung out with me.
6. To be interested in the changing seasons just think how monotonous life would be with the same weather week after week after week.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Survivor and pizza, tomorrow my plans include clearing out LOTS of crap from my crap, er, uh, I mean scrap space and Sunday, I want to be far enough along to actually play a bit in my newly cleaned up scrap space!
Have a wonderful Friday.
Live long and prosper.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
The picture is terrible, but I am not going to take it again. I am tired and going to bed.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Thanks for looking.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Thanks for looking.
Friday, May 8, 2009
I love saving the environment with pretty and cool things.
I better work on that. In the meantime...
1. Apples are to oranges as my hubby's thoughts are to mine.
2. I can't wanna and that's all I have to say about that.
3. I think I hear my craft table calling me home.
4. I have immense respect for the American flag.
5. Do what you want to do, but don't expect me to.
6. The dragon was flying to the castle and behind him was a Radio Flyer wagon; in the wagon was a bucket filled with all the latest, cutest scrapbook supplies.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Survivor and pizza (well, not so much on the pizza part), tomorrow my plans include Breakfast at "Barflbees", a bike ride and crafting and Sunday, I want to Go with the flow. I have no idea what is in store for me. It's Mother's Day, which can mean just about anything in my house!
Monday, May 4, 2009
1. Honor important women in my life. And important in my daughters' lives.
2. Make a card. Mine just happens to be around a chocolate bar and for an important male.
I made Teacher Appreciation Gifts. Small tokens to give to the teachers at the elementary school that nurtured and taught my daughters. Two have moved on to be excellent students in middle school and one is still learning and thriving at the elementary school. All of them honor roll students. I am a full time work outside the home mom, so most of the credit goes to the fabulous teachers. I really appreciate them and don't show them often enough.
The women will receive a flower pen. Not very original, but flowers make people smile. I want them to smile. Who can write with a big flower on the end of their pens and not smile! The men will receive a chocolate bar. I can't see them writing with a big flower on the end of their pens. And who doesn't smile with chocolate.
Yup, the flowers are all pens. I made roughly 100 pens and wrapped 8 chocolate bars. They aren't very fancy, but my fingers are tired after making the pens.
(and I HAVE to post, right?!?!)
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
1. The first rule of working in an office and getting along is staying out of my drawers.
2. I don't want clams.
3. When I think of carnivals I think of wierdos.
4. I can't pick my favorite spring flower.
5. Things on my desk include - NO explanation necessary. Just look at the pic above.
6. Rainy weather makes me wanna play in my craft room or curl up and read a book.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Survivor, but not the pizza, tomorrow my plans include Cinderella Marathon organized by my darling Melissa and Sunday, I want to Clean up some of my craft table so I can play!