.... to make a lanyard for Ms. Diane. I need to give it to her TODAY.
This is how my 10 year old greeted me this morning.
Today is the last day of the school year for my kids. Ms. Diane is the after school care supervisor. She had 2 other ladies that work for her. So, I couldn't just make a lanyard for Ms. Diane. I had to come up with something for the other 2 ladies as well. Bracelets work great. When you make them the right size. The first one (green one in the picture) turned out too short. I don't measure, I just wing it. And occasionally I pay the price. Such is life.
I think they turned out rather nicely. Melissa picked the colors. And the design for the lanyard. She also had time to string the beads onto the wire before I kicked her out the door to catch the bus. I had to. I STILL haven't showered. Did I mention I have to work today. Guess I'll be late. Oops. Anyway, Morgan (13yo) starts school later, so she pitched in and designed the blue butterfly bracelet. I did the mulit-colored one. (Big surprise there, right?)
Card base is an old folder. Stamp is one of Gina's from Tyggereye Arts. It's one of my top 5 favorite stamps. Ever. Patterned paper and ribbon are from my scrap pile. Letters are rub-ons. Can't remember the brand.
5. Creating something everyday is something I highly recommend!
6. Imagine if there were craft fairies that would put things away for you while you slept so that you could just go play.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing with a cocktail, tomorrow my plans include going to my stamp club, playing with glue and maybe a bike ride, and Sunday, I want to take Melissa to her riding lesson!
Got your attention didn't I. While I don't have any freebies, I have a link to get you on your way to get some really cool freebies. .
Dover Publications will send you a link via email to some awesome freebies. All you have to do is sign up for their emails. They only send emails with links to their free samples. It's about once a week, at the most. . .
Here is a small sampling of the freebies I have gotten from them. . .
I am so tickled that you want to swap inchies. I have made one inchie in my life. It turned out really cute. IMHO.
Here are the specifics for the FIS @ ICW, better known as First Inchie Swap @ I Can't Wanna. Okay, that name stinks. So let's pick another. How about Jana's Inchie Swap? Not too original, but to the point. (Must be my pocket protector's showing again. LOL)
If you need a little inspiration, or just to see some amazing things you can do in one-square-inch, check out FLICKR, and search on "INCHIES". It's how I found the above image.
1. Email me, jdeegs (at) cox (dot) net, for my snail mail addy. I won't give it out here. DUH.
2. Make 4 inchies in a theme of your choice.
3. Send these little treasures to me. Along with a check for $100 dollars, made out to me. Just kidding. I don't need a check. But make sure I have your address so I can get 4 of these little treasures back to you.
4. I will give everyone 2 weeks to make their inchies, so get them postal by June 25th.
5. Then send me an email letting me know that you sent them so I know to look out for them.
6. I will receive them. Drool all over them. Fondle them a bit. And then swap them out and get them back into the mail to you on July 5th.
Okay, so it would appear that I am not completely in tune with this piece. I blurf, which involves jumping from link to link to link. But you have to have a starting point, and usually it is one of a handful of WONDERFUL blogs.
I found these (new to me) FABULOUS challenge blogs.
They are all different from the others.
And I LOVE that about them.
* * *
SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT,
This month the challenge on SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT is to make a SKINNY each week based on the weekly theme. And this week's theme is HOUSE or HOUSES. (June 4th-10th)
6 0f Something, is the requirement at KAH-Wink-E-Dink. There are 6 brown houses in the bottom row.
WINGS is the challenge at ANYTHING GOES. (June 1st-8th) Along with blue, yellow and brown. I am using gold as the yellow. I hope a little pink thrown in is okay.
WINGS is the theme until July 6 for one of the challenges at GINGERSNAPCREATIONS.
I was going to play with paper and glue and ribbon and buttons and, well, you get the idea. But then I checked my email, and opened a picture, and then one thing led to another and that led to this:
I am hoping digi entries are okay in these challenges.
I have never claimed to be original, and I am SOOOOO not going to stop taking inspiration from talented, smart, creative people. Case in point, JAN of JAN'S ART FRIENDZY. She has collected/traded inchies for around 3 years.
She used them to create art works. She bought a 2 pack of 16x20 inch canvases, painted them black and adhered the inchies. So very simple, and they look GORGEOUS.
I need to start collecting. I WANT one of these fabbie works.
The OPUS GLUEI Challenge this week is the BEACH. I made a frame for one of the many beach photos we have. We live about 15 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. Less if the lights are all green. When the weather gets warm enough, I try to take the girls to the beach about every other weekend. Life is too hectic to really try for anything more.
I painted a plain wooden frame an off-white, then sponged on some blue for the water, and some lighter blue for the sky. Sponged on some clouds and then applied some sandy/glue stuff that I got at a scrapbook convention a while ago.
I let it all dry. And then I simply used foam tape to adhere some OLD dollar store stickers. They were so old that the adhesive that originally came on them didn't stick anymore, thus the foam tape. I punched a crab out using one of the really cool flat EKSuccess punches. I love those things.
You can see some of the dimension in these two shots.
Hope you're having a beachy time.
I's love for you to head over to OPUS GLUEI and splash around with us.
1. Mickey's house is my favorite place to travel to.
2. When I think about my childhood, I often remember playing in my mothers jewerly box.
3. A stiff drink makes for a good friend.
4. The wind in the trees, the rain on my skin, Oh crap, I left the top down again.
5. Making new webby friends is so exciting!
6. My best friend knows way too much about me to ever piss her off.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include sleeping in, possibly the beach, and painting and glueing something, and Sunday, I want to sleep in again and clean out my closet. (If you don't hear from me by Monday afternoon, send the rescue squad.)
I may have mentioned before that I am a chronic blurfer. I don't think it's a bad thing. So, don't look at me like that. Anyway, I find all manner of blog. Cardmakers, seamstresses, poets, artisits, photographers, designers, people that make me laugh, make me think, make me wonder.
When you combine 2 talents, my mouth drops and I get that "deer in the headlights" look. I am amazed at the multi-talented folks out there. . .