Friday, October 28, 2011
And...here we go!
1. Beware of girl with new computer. She will go crazy and waste the morning. She will sit and blurf in her jammies and crazy bed head.
2. I really like PICTURES of snow.
3. And since we are friends, let's have a drink or two.
4. I ain't 'fraid of no spirits?
5. Where in the heck is my motivation?
6. Beef stew is one of my favorite meals when it's cold out.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting my hair all purtied up, tomorrow my plans include a hot date with a handsome man and Sunday, I want to sleep in, tidy up a bit (blech - but necessary) and then make STUFF!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The uber talented Kristen over at The Order of The OPUS GLUEI has put forth the challenge this fort night.
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES
Just make, and post, something that fits into this title. AND oh, yeah, she is offering 3 digi stamps. How cool is she? You may, or may not, use them in this challenge.
My little project is actually a cheat. I made this little beauty about 10 years ago. I was away from home on a business trip and found this adorable kit and bat hanger. It was love at first sight. (Yup, I went wild on my business trip. Stitched up a storm. Cuz, I'm crazy like that.)
Oh, and by the way. My computer died. It was acting funny and then it wasn't acting at all. It was declared dead yesterday at 12:27pm. All efforts had been made in the previous 10 days to revive it, but they were to no avail. Services will be held at a future date.
Now to replace that little sucker so I can blurf again. SIGH.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Meet my card models, Mr Bones and Fluffy. They were thrilled with the chance for their 15 minutes of fame. They are modeling one of 10 cards made in my BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS card making marathon. (2 others are on display at OPUS GLUEI.) As you are sure to have noticed, I have been playing with fabric and yarn rather than paper. Well, the mood struck the other day and I churned out 10 Halloween cards. It was a glorious time. Paper, glue, ribbon, stamps and inks. Ahhhh.
OPUS GLUEI is challenging YOU to get BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS. You can be literal with this and go with a swing from a tree, or a monkey swinging on a vine, or a baseball bat swinging to hit a ball or something else. Or like me, you can get BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS you haven't done in a while.
We'd love to see your interpretation this fortnight.........
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Remember this shadow box from this post?
It's one of several being featured in an article about shadow boxes at About.com.
Go check out the others too. They are pretty clever.