Monday, June 30, 2008

Chew on this....because I can't.

I have been busy this month. Not that this month is any different from any other month, but I have not been able to DO things around the house like normal. Since I last posted, I have done lots. Lots and lots. (me talk good too!!)

I took Megan to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Chantilly, VA. We had so much fun. I won't go into detail, I don't have that kind of time right now, but Megan wants to go again next year. 3 cheers for me. I hope she will still want to when she is 14...

Report cards came home. Yikes. Melissa got all 3's and 3+'s. (that's what 2nd graders get around here, well the smart ones anyway) Morgan got all A's and B's. (no surprise there. she is a little brainiac) Megan got 1 A, 3 B's and 2 C's. You would have thought she killed someone with her bare hands the way DH reacted. I mean, come on, who hasn't had a "bad" grade at some point?! He wants to take her life away. Nothing in her room except the bed and the clothes we choose for her everyday. I am NOT going for that. I talked him into getting school work for her to do EVERYDAY this summer. Monday thru Friday. Sorta like summer school. I explained, to them both, that if we want her to get good grades we need to help her out, not punish her. She seems to be okay with it. So does DH. We'll see. Melissa and Morgan begged for workbooks, so all 3 will be sitting at the table this summer. Go figure.

Wednesday was a dear friends last day at our office. She retired. I will miss her everyday. She was with the government for 22 years. An opportunity came along that she COULD NOT pass up. So she has succumbed to the dark side, and is now a contractor. With her goes my office help. You thought I wasn't updating before......just you wait and see now. Really, you'll be waiting.....

Last Thursday, 26 June, I went under the knife. I had to have a bone transplant in my jaw. The doctor took a piece of jaw from the back and put it in the front where I had a too narrow piece of jaw bone. All I remember is the O2 and the IV. Then Dr M told me he was giving me some "happy juice" and I woke up with gauze in my mouth. He told me it was a 1-2, no more of a 2-3 day recovery. Maybe for a SUPERHERO. I am NO superhero. Friday I was fine in my little world of painlessness. Saturday DH took Morgan to the Indy car races in Richmond and left me with Megan and Melissa taking care of me. I LOVE my girls. They took such good care of me. Megan even offered to bring me the barf bowl, because, "you don't look so good mom". Melissa kept covering me up, because the fan was on and I was all spralled out on the arm chair. She didn't want me to get cold. (I had asked for the fan to be turned on.) Sunday was more of nothingness. I was a TUBE BOOB. I held down the chair and saved my family from eating any of the soft food in the house. Here it is Monday, and I thought I would be fine. Back to work, no problem. Here I sit. At my desk. Waiting for 4pm. Why, oh why, did I want to carpool with my DH!?!?!?! I could have left right after 1pm (I had deadlines) and gone home and NAPPED. Doesn't that sound heavenly?!?!!

I think I will not do anything for the rest of the month.

July, on the other hand, looks to be more relaxed......

Are you laughing your ASS OFF now? I am.


Dianna said...

Rest woman rest!
Feel better!

Amy said...

wow...I hope you've been able to rest since June is over...and I'm glad you enjoyed the scrapbook convention...glad your surgery went well...ouch! sorry you lost a friend to the dark side!
take care!