Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My how times does fly...

I can't believe it has been a week since I last was here. I was starting to notice a trend. Thursday's were wiping me out. But last Thursday was the Queen of all Thursdays. I was a BIG CRANKY MOM. So cranky that Danny offered to take us out for Mexican food for dinner. My whole family gazed with mouths wide open as I ordered the LARGE Margarita. (for those that know me, I don't drink often, and when I do have a drink, it is usually a small glass of wine or a small beer) It was a REAL good drink. I mellowed out a bit. Okay, okay, a LOT.


Friday, I was still tired, so I didn't worry about the daily journal project. Saturday was the day I would make it all up. Well, Morgan got strep, AND was throwing up. Poor baby. I couldn't really concentrate on anything. My baby was sick and I was powerless to make her better. I couldn't get anything to stay in her little tummy. I was worried she would dehydrate. She is a twig. On a fat day. She didn't keep anything down on Saturday, and her poor little throat was so sore on Sunday, she didn't eat anything. I stayed home with her on Monday. Good thing too. She was one HUNGRY little girl. She wanted melon. So I got her melon. She ate the whole thing. She wanted Ramen noodles. She ate the whole thing. She wanted Oreos. No, I didn't let her eat the whole thing. But she would have if I had let her. She had three servings at dinner. And dark circles under her eyes. But she was back to her fun loving beautiful little self. I love her so much. Tuesday morning found her full of energy and raring to get to school. All of my freaky kids love going to school. Megan, I think is for the social aspect. Morgan loves learning. And I think Melissa just loves going somewhere.


So, here it is Wednesday. AND I am pooped. My project has taken a back seat. Oh who am I kidding, it is in the trunk. I will pull it out this weekend and catch up. I have to. I want to.


I just hope Melissa and Megan stay healthy.....


Here's a pretty little kitty to make you smile. Halloween is coming soon. And the girls are bugging me to have another Halloween party. They really had fun last year. I am going to give in and let them have one. Gotta make those invites this weekend. I will probably use this kitty. She's cute.


4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Well selfishly as your friend, I have missed you - but I'm delighted that Morgan is getting back to fighting strength. Sigh, I guess I can't guilt you into daily entries until you feel like it. SIGH SIGH SIGH

As for margaritas, I believe that is something we have in common. And I'll leave it at that!

Rosemary said...

Oh, and NOTE TO WORLD - evan at her worst, she is NOT a big cranky Mom. She's like sweetiepie mommy. It's absolutely disgusting but you have to love her for it because she's so darn good at it.

dianna said...

Poor baby...I HATE when the kiddos are sick*!*

You deserve another jumbo drink lady*!*

Linda Vincent said...

Hi Jana..thanks for finding me! I love the way you journal; its just brilliant - and so inspiring.
Linda