Sunday, August 19, 2012

Now pay attention, and you can catch up...

I've been a bit busy this last week.

I made 12 mummies for the Bitty Committee Bitty Halloween Block swap. (These are 3.5 inche squares.) I used cheesecloth and buttons. Can't get much easier. And I think they look great.



I also made trick or treat bags. They are 3-D and will hold a treat. I didn't want to risk anything melting onto the fabric, so I sent them empty. But I did send them in a Halloween-ish card. 



I also made 2 mug rugs for the Scrappy Mug Rug swap. I am only going to send one, but my partner said to play, so I did. They both measure about 7.5 inches x 10 inches. A good size for a snack and a cuppa. Don't you think?



The second one was born of scraps from the first one. I had these little ends leftover and thought it was a waste to just toss them. They are so bright and cheery. So I tried my hand at improv piecing.



The improv piecing proved to be a bit of a challenge for me. I kept wanting things to line up perfectly, and that just doesn't happen in improv. But after just a short period of time, I got the hang of it and now I think I like it.


I also made one other thing. Not this past week, but before that. I want to make sure my partner has received it before I post it. Melissa and I participated in a Mini Me Swap and I am just thrilled with how well she did. She has only sewn one other thing on her machine, and is doing great. (No bias here. Nope, no way. LOL)

Oh, yeah, we also took last Thursday off from work and took the girls to Busch Gardens.


So what have you been up to this past week???



No comments: