Monday, June 3, 2013

OG Challenge #158 - Birthdays

New Poobah Chat Noir has set out BIRTHDAYS as the challenge this go around over at OPUS GLUEI.

And true to my MO, I am late. If you know anything about me at all, you know that I will be late with birthday cards. It just happens. Every. Single. Time. Not sure why. It just does.

Anyhow, I came up with this wonderful little birthday gift idea. I took some terrycloth and some fabric squares (5 inch) and made these fun little washcloths.


These would make a wonderful baby (actual birthday) gift. Or a great gift for teens. Might making a new skin care routine a bit easier to handle with a littl bit of whimsy.

Although this particular bunch isn't for birthday gifts. (All of my girls would have to wait until December/January. And quite frankly, I'd like to have them clean before then.) I did let the girls pick their own fabrics for their wash cloths. They picked fabrics that are really representative of their personalities. See...

My oldest(18yo):



My middle(16yo):



My youngest (13yo):




And what kind of mom would I be if I didn't lead by example (wink, wink) so I just HAD to make some for me too:



Now it's your turn to show us what you were inspired to create with Chat Noir's BIRTHDAY theme. Head over to OPUS GLUEI and join the fun.

4 comments:

Electra said...

So what if this is late, you're right, it's a wonderful idea! I'll send you my address. :-)

Chat Noir said...

Nifty........I'm re-thinking my fabric stash while I write......

Rosemary said...

What you have chosen for each is so perfect! I love this idea!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

What a fun, practical and beautiful idea! I also like the cool quilted mouse pad you made for the latest challenge. Blessings!