Sunday, June 21, 2009

Opus Gluei Challenge #14 - Patriotism

Danny and I just took the girls to witness my nephew graduate from United States Coast Guard Boot Camp. I am so proud to be his aunt. He is such a perfect young man. I can't believe that he is a man. He was just a baby a few months ago. How did that happen!! But there is NO question now.

HE IS A MAN.

And a fine one at that. I made this project with him in mind. I hoped that the banner would look like nautical flags. It is hard to see, but there are letters that spell out "H-A-P-P-Y-4th".
(I was hoping to get a better picture, but I suck at photography, so this is all I got. You can click on it to enlarge for more detail.)

Head over to Opus Gluei for more patriotic projects.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

YAY!!!! I can see it! I love this banner, it is so cool looking!

Congratulations to your nephew, how proud you are of him and how appropriate that is. What a fine young man and I wish him lots of success and to be safe.

lisa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog : )
Love all your fab projects.
lisa x