Tuesday, June 14, 2011

do. Good Stitches


I have recently started quilting again. I made my first quilt when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. Oddly enough, I made it for my then 5 year old nephew, not for the child in my tummy. Then I made quilted advent calendars. Then I had a baby and quilting was put off for a few months. Quilting with one child is not as difficult as quilting with two. Or three. And I have three. Now that they are old enough and I have that quilt spark back, I have pulled the machine out. And my fabric too. All of the fabric in these two blocks is from my stash. Nothing new. (Except for the white. That's new.)

I have also joined a group on Flickr that makes quilts for various organizations. I am in a group called GRACE. Now, if you know anything about me, you are laughing. A lot. GRACE is a new group this month. And the quilter has picked this design. It was a lot of fun picking the scraps and making the blocks. I didn't realize I had so many different scraps. Makes my mind swirl with ideas.

Hope you enjoy. And if you get the chance, head over to check out the fabulous blocks and quilts made at do. Good Stitches.

3 comments:

Electra said...

You must have such a fun stash-I love the colours of this! FYI, I was working on a 3000-piece hand-pieced Grandmother's Flower Garden when I was in the hospital waiting for my daughter to be born. It's not finished yet. And she's 20.
Hmmmm....

Rosemary said...

Shout out to Electra for first laugh out loud comment of the day! OMG, hurry, Jana, the eldest is getting up there in HS...

These colors are wonderful and I love your perspective on this and sharing for something so good.

Kathryn said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors against the white.