Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIP Wednesday #41

It seems as though lately I have been saving my posts for WIP Wednesdays. I am falling into a pattern of sorts. I suppose. I am okay with it. It leaves me more time for actually getting the WIP's worked on.

This past week was another good one. I am almost caught up with the Birdie Stitches QAL. I have 7 of 8 blocks embroidered AND ALL of the blocks pieced together. I have designed a block for June. Just need to embroider it. It WILL be done by next WIP report.


August


March


April


Blank Canvases just waiting for MORE color.


Here's the layout I have in mind. Basically the months in order. (No brainer there!) I am thinking about a grey background. To sort of mellow out all of the bright colors a bit. I might also add cornerstones. Wadda ya think?



I also made the second postage stamp block for do. Good Stitches. Popping that in the mail at lunchtime today.


I also worked on: (but don't have pictures of:)

 - the Big A Granny Blanket. It's as big as it's going to get. I am now contemplating the border.

 - my 3x6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee blocks.

 - my Farmer's Wife Quilt blocks.

6 comments:

Electra said...

This is GORGEOUS Jana!!!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I love the bright fabrics. I would probably go with white, because I love the pop of color against the white.

Anonymous said...

I love the bright colours on gray although they would pop more on white. The blocks are so sweet and colourful and the gray does mellow them out.

CapitolaQuilter said...

These are very pretty and cheerful. I like the grey background because it lets the blocks themselves be the focal point and shine in all their glory.

Rosemary said...

All of your birdie months look so good! (are you going to make June dedicated to me? LOL lots of roses and a rosie birdie in the middle?)

I love the bright colors, so you and soooooo pretty to look at. So, finish up that big A granny blanket and share it already!

Martha said...

I love your 'Birdie quilt". I have been saving the blocks as they come out and you made me want to start them right away. I became your follower so I can keep up with yours.