Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's time to tally up the craziness again:

Cut 2 yards of fabric, one solid red and one cream with tiny dots, into 5" squares for a swap I am in. Have these in the envelope and ready to mail tomorrow.



Cut 5 yards of 5 different greys into 4"squares to start my nephews wedding quilt. I just need 30 squares of various shades of red and I'll be piecing away. I am hoping to use the charms I get from the swap above.



Made a cathedral window pincushion for another swap. Also making a coordinating mini-notebook cover. (I am SO addicted to hexies right now.) And a bottle cap pincushion. And a bookmark with the scraps. I bought sand to put in the pincushions, but have decided that I want to go with crushed walnut shells, so I have to wait to finish until I can get some.



Made progress on the blue and pink hexie project. I'll show you the finished project soon. No pictures. You'll have to check back on Sunday. It's for the next challenge on the Order of the Opus Gluei. I'll also have another little project to share for the challenge. Okay, that's all I can say right now. "They" might be reading this.

Sewed the binding strips together for Melissa's quilt. Now I just have to get it onto the quilt.



Made 12 each 3.5" quilting ninja blocks (yup, another swap). I have given my swap partners the choice of scissors or no scissors. So far everyone wants the scissors.



And 12 each 3.5" house blocks (same swap, different group of partners.) I think they're cute, but still need a little something. Hmmm??? I think they look really summery.



I think that's enough for one week. Don't you?

I'm linking up to Lee's WIP Wednesday.

9 comments:

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

those ninja's are adorable - the scissors are the perfect touch! (is that appropriate for a ninja, adorable? not sure!) and the houses are fun too. popping by from Freshly Pieced.

Allison said...

haha, love the quilting ninjas! the scissors make it perfect :)

Deena said...

"They" are reading this and "they" are thinking all of these projects are sooo fabulous...love the ninjas and the houses...drooling in fact over it all...

Kathy said...

Cute 30's fabrics. Cute houses. And really cute ninjas! And I love those perfectly neat stacks of squares. You've been busy!

Debbie said...

I love the ninjas and I would want the scissors are awesome.

Electra said...

Good Grief-Ninja Blocks???
You never cease to amaze me, Jana.

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, I'm loving all of this - there is something invigorating in looking at all that cut fabric and envisioning the projects! Also, the houses are fantastic, love those colors and the ninjas - well, I think they are grand. AND there's hexies! I feel giddy at all the eye candy, I really enjoyed this!

Go, Jana, go!

lauren bergold said...

holy ♥WOW♥ missus you are soooooooooooooooo ROCKIN' the quilt-based awesomeness!!! i am totally envious of your skill... i am NOT a good (or happy) sewist on FABRIC... but when i see this sort of project i just SO WANT TO try harder!!!

ps: on the houses... some "eyelet" fabric maybe... a bit of white/lacey/holey/trimming i mean... not that this NEEDS anything...it is BRILLIANCE already... but i think i little break between those adorable houses would make them POP even more!!! :)

Unknown said...

too cute - who wouldn't want a scissor toting ninja?!