Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year


I hope you will all have the best year so far.

Me and my family are off to a normal year start. The hubby and I got into it yesterday.

Probably just post holiday stress release. But it could just be PMS. Or maybe he really was being an idiot. No telling today. But we did agree on a truce, so life is good again.

We stayed up to watch the ball drop. Played games, ate snacks and watched TV. My littlest one thought she was TOO COOL. She kept telling us that she wasn't going to sleep for the rest of the year, and further she wasn't going to bed until next year. She cracks me up.


I have made the mandatory resolutions. Every year I say I am not going to get caught up in it, but it is too corny not to. And I LOVE corny things. So, I am going to:


Lose weight

Exercise

Read daily - I joined the BPS reading club, so you know what I will be reading

Scrap at least 4 times a week

Make at least 2 layouts a week - I should be off to a good start with the BPS Layout a day class

Make my own Christmas cards this year

Try to cook dinner for my family 4 times a week

Get my scrapbook room organized - Signed up for BPS class for this one


I am not the most patient person in the world, but I am going to try to be patient.

Having said that, I have to confess that I have already read "A Thousand Splendid Suns". The first book for the BPS reading club. I really am so very, very, very, very grateful to be an American Woman. I am convinced that I would be beaten daily, if not just killed in one of those oppresive backward countries. I highly recommend this book. What a story. It just tugs at your heartstrings.


I have also started a Grateful journal for 2008. I am going to try my darnedest to make entries everyday. I am getting my girls to do one too. Theirs should be good. I'll keep you updated.


Well, TTFN

Jana

No comments: