Sunday, September 6, 2009

Caardvarks is a bad influence. In a good way. :-D


You know how there are a gazillion challenge blogs out there. And you know how you really want to "do" them all, but just don't have time. (the family keeps wanting food and clean laundry. really, the nerve. I wish they would just accept that I have needs. Creative needs. Anyway, back to reality.

I have a project to do for my own challenge blog, OPUS GLUEI. This week is flowers. And later today I will post a project. I had intended to work on it this morning. But, I slept late, then I had to check my email, and surf a bit. Well, one of my stops was at ALL THE GOOD BLOG NAMES WERE TAKEN. Lauren is uber talented and very funny. Go there, but not until after you are done here. She is one of the DT members for CAARDVARKS. (do you see where this is going?!) And they posted a new challenge yesterday. They have 3 sketches from which to choose. Make a card based on one of them and whiz bang you can post in the challenge. Don't get me wrong, they are ALL great sketches, but one of them SANG out to me. I was powerless to resist the call.


Are you ready for it?
Ta-da:

Here it is.


Isn't it great?

Isn't it the best sketch you have ever seen?


I was fortunate enough to stumble upon the Martha Stewart punch "drippy goo".

It too sang to me.

This sketch and this punch are meant to be together.

Don't cha think!!!


Oh, yeah. The card I made.





(I really kinda cheated. I made this ATC 2 years ago (don't remember the manufacturer of the stickers, Quickutz bats and Bazzill paper) and now my baby has a home. The ribbon is from the Target $ section from last year. Paper is from a Walmart Halloween stack from a couple years back and the green drippy goo paper is the packaging from a K&Co Halloween Die cuts. None of which were used, or harmed, in the making of this card.)

Okay, duty calls, and now I am off to get floral...

10 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Fun, fun ATC and what a perfect sketch to showcase it! How clever to extend your sentiment from card to focal point, too!!

Heidi Van Laar said...

Oh yeah, that sketch and the drippy goo punch...a match made in Halloween heaven! Love it! So glad you like the sketch!

Randee E said...

Such a cute card!! That drippy goo punch sang out to me too! I was on a hunt last year for it and decided I needed it too late - all gone :0( This year I put the word out to all my stamping buds that if anyone saw it to snatch it up. Now it's in my sweet little possession waiting to be used :0)

Rosemary said...

Oh how cute is this??? I love it. Now go and get your Opus-Gluei project posted!!! I uploaded but you can certainly add yours. (naughty bad Jana)

Also, we got a lead on a challenge blog listing and I put O-G in there. YAY us and yay for the headsup!

Pamela Smerker said...

What an awesome card! I have to get my one of those Martha punches. That is so cool! Fits the sketch perfect. Thanks so much for sharing!!

lauren said...

i wouldn't call finding a way to make a favorite ATC into a fabulous greeting card "cheating"...i'd call it "BRILLIANT"!!! especially when the card is, in fact, the ♥perfect♥ home for said ATC! (& it does fit the sketch MAGNIFICENTLY!)

looooooove that drippy martha punch! oooh--wouldn't that make nice snow for on roofs & chimbleys if you punched it on sparkly white?!

ps: ta v much for the awesome caardvarks/llaurenb promotional message. as agreed your check will arrive certified mail within 5 business days! :) :) :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is just way cool!!! Great take on the sketch!! Love the green "goo"!!! :)

SmilynStef said...

I love how you featured the ATC in your sketch design ... bewtitching for sure (and I agree with your Lauren promotional message :^)

Kristen said...

I love the drippy goo. Is it new or old??? I must get it!!!
I love halloween! This could be a good spring eaves card look too, melting snow.
I love the pumpkins too.

Jolene said...

Great way to showcase a fun ATC!