Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Halloween Party 2009 - Invitations

For the last couple of years DH and I have let the girls have a Halloween Party. They each invite a couple/few friends to spend the night and we play games, eat snacks and watch Halloween movies. It is now a tradition. One which their friends actually ask about right about this time of the year.


This year I had envisioned a really creepy invitation. I wanted to put a candy finger with a string tied around with a tag attached with the party info and the message "Don't forget". It got shot down. Complete with disgusted sigh and eye roll. From each one of my daughters. I don't get it. Isn't it a great idea?!
Isn't Halloween supposed to be creepy?!
Anyway, I came up with plan "B". Matchbox invitations.
I let each girl choose two papers, then I stamped, punched and glued. Yes, I did it. I LOVE playing with glue and papers.
Once the boxes were assembled, they were missing something. So I gave the stamped spiders googly eyes and then glued a spider inside each box. Yay! I got my creepy factor in.


Spider is hidden under the candy. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!




I think candy corn is the winner, but I would rather have the M&M's anyday.




Looks innocent enough, doesn't it. ;-}




Yup. We are inviting 16 girls to add to my 3.
Talk about a scary Halloween.






Now all I have to do is print off the information, cut into rectangles, fold in half and staple to the bags of candy. Guess I should go buy more candy corn. It's pretty much gone. I have an unusually high level of candy-evaporitis-in-no-timis in my house. It is a supernatural phenomenon with no known cure.





Then I will have to make goodie bags and decorate. Fun-ness for me.

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Oh my goodness, is this ever a fun AND clever idea! I love it!! OK, I love the idea of chocolate in a mini box any day, but the hidden spider is the all-time perfect Halloween touch!

Rosemary said...

I love this idea and the invites look cool - I was just getting my head around the candy finger idea though. I cannot believe the girls shot you down; okay, maybe the first two but Melissa too???? Shocking, she's growing up and getting all girly on me. I had some candy evaporatis happen at my home too - almost all of the Almond Joys - freaky huh?

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Those match boxes are fang-tastic! I would have been all over the severed finger idea.

Gini said...

Fabulous spider in a box Jana!
You made so many! You have been busy.
Gini
xx

Barb said...

These are great! I LOVE the hidden spider {insert evil laugh here} and the finger invites... maybe she'll be up to that one next year!! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!