Saturday, September 5, 2009

Vacation Vacation


(Family portrait taken at 1900 Park Fare. Just kidding. This is my family with Lady Tremaine. She is one scary lady. I wish I could get Megan to jump out of her seat like she did. Maybe I should go to the Lady Tremaine School at Disney. She was very scary. She had me shaking in my boots.)


Yup. We are taking a vacation after the vacation. After 5 days of running around humid, hot Orlando, we need to take a few to relax, rest up and re-charge. Dorothy was SO right. There is NO place like home. I missed my bed, my pillow and my computer. I might not post a lot, or often, but I do some serious surfing. I missed lurking on all my favorite blogs. I feel like I am behind. Don't know what I am behind in, but I feel behind.




Today was the first of many school clothes shopping trips. DD2 and DD3 still need jeans. And maybe a couple new tops. We don't go all out in this house. It's still hot and summer weather here. Instead it is a constant school clothes quest. Today, however, couldn't be helped. Of all 3 girls there is only one, Megan, who had jeans that fit. And only 2 pair. Silly me. I can't bear the thought of them having less than 5 pair. 6 or 7 would be optimum for me. So Megan and I went to a department store where she wandered around not saying much and grabbing fewer items off the racks. Taking her shopping is B-O-R-I-N-G. I love the kid, but she isn't a shopper. She will walk around and only pause at very few racks. And then she only picks up 1 in 10 items she pauses to look at. I have learned not to make suggestions. Unless I am really, really, really B-O-R-E-D. Then I will only make a suggestion to get the eye-roll. Which, sadly, amuses me. I know I should get mad. Some would view it as dis-respect. I view it for what it is. Poor thing. I mean, come on. I am getting DUMBER and DUMBER by the minute, at this point in her life. She is 14 going on wise-old-pain-in-the-rear-I-know-it-all-my-parents-are-idiots. Not such a bad thing. I remember when my parents got dumb. I remember thinking "How in the world did they survive this long without me there to get them through life?!?!?!" Now I can sit back and laugh at myself, but then, I was way to out to show "THEM" what I was made of. I only wish I knew a 10th of what I thought I knew then. I would be a frickin' genius. No lie.





Anyway, I am almost rested enough to get some crafty goodness going. I have to get my Opus Gluei project done. I was supposed to have gotten it done today, but somehow playing a game of CLUE with my family seemed to take priority. So, I will work it in the morning. Just have to figure out what to do. It may be a quick card. Or an ATC. Or an inchie or twinchie. Or who knows???

Well, it's off to sleep for a bit now. More later...

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh a nice long entry - YAY! Good reading. As for Opus-Gluei, you were right to play Clue with your family - Family comes First. But when you play with O-G, don't forget that you can also make a mini or a moo too. (tee hee hee)

I think the evil Lady Tremaine could train a lot of moms, although I think she might go a little too far....

Shopping with a teenager, oh my, give me a dirty litterbox anytime - much less painful.

I missed you, did I happen to tell you that?

Amy said...

I know what you mean, I'm always exhausted when I get home from vacation..what the he$$ is wrong with us..LOL..love the family pic!!

Kristen H said...

I know, this is our first weekend home in I don't know how long.
I love the family picture, we are going to Disney during Spring break with the grands. They will be 7 and 6 when we go, so very fun!!!
I can't wait.

Looks like you had a great time.