Sunday, February 21, 2010

Opus Gluei Challenge # 43 - Ruffles and Flourishes

The challenge this week is Ruffles and Flourishes. My first thought was of my tom-boy daughters' dress. Yup, she got a dress. Not just any dress, but one with ruffles and sequins and bling. This was HER choice. I tried to get her to get a pretty, classy yellow little number. She kept going to this mermaidy, blingy dress. What's a mother to do! Turns out that despite the fact that she will not eat Mexican food, she IS part Mexican.


I had intended to make a paper and glue layout, but when I was getting the pictures ready, I saw the folder with this paper collection and just changed course. Don't you think it's perfect. Not too girlie, but with just the right amount of LOVE. Just like my little girl.

The pictures aren't the best. The ones taken at the dance were really yucky. The ones I took aren't much better. But I love this layout. It really is a special relationship that these two have. She is the Daddy's girl you always hear about. Not the prissy little one though. She is rough and tumble. Which is what made her asking him to the dance was so darned special. I mean who would have thought that SHE would be the first of the girls to ask him to a dance???



The digi kit is from Miss Kim. It's one of my fav's. Check out her blog. She has freebie digi kits every now and then that are really great. The layout template is from Cathy Z's class "Design Your Life" at Big Picture Scrapbooking. I took it last year and am taking it again to get the digi templates. I love her simple style.

Let me know what you think. (Oh yeah, I have already printed this out and placed it in my album. DONE.)

And don't forget to go to this post to leave me a comment about what little thing makes you feel like a Queen, to win a box full of goodies from me. Drawing will be held on March 1st.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

This is wonderful, absolutely wonderful. She looks like she is just pleased as punch with herself and personally, I love the dress - can I be part Mexican too?

Danny also looks pretty darn happy with himself and yes, I'm kind of surprised this is the first daughter to invite him to a dance! The layout is superb! I love it, captures the mood, the people, and tells the story, and what else can you ask for than that eh?

Great minds must be thinking alike for us BOTH to do a scrapbooking layout for this challenge!