Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vision 2010 : Re-View #1

In order to give myself the best opportunity at accomplishing my goals, I need to re-View my Visions.

.. .


I think it will help me to identify areas in which I could use a little push. (Or a giant shove.)

.
I also need to identify certain goals, and break them into smaller, do-able chunks. Otherwise I will become overwhelmed and fail. And failure is NOT an option.

.

.

I need to eat this elephant one bite at a time...

.

.


.

.


And in no particular order of success or failure here they are:

.

.

1. Photos:

.

Status - Not much progress here. I haven't spent time with my photos.

Resolve - Schedule 20 minutes for Saturday morning filing most recently developed photos.

.

.

2. Healthier Eating:

.

Status - Only SO-SO. I haven't made any "real" effort to get healthier foods in the house.

Resolve - Next shopping trip, only buy from the periphery of the store. Those middle aisles will kill a diet.

.

.

3. Moving:

.

Status - I have only done this once. A nice walk on the beach in FL.

Resolve - Again, schedule in 20 minutes every other day on the treadmill. Starting today.

.

.

4. Organize:

.

Status - Stil dis-organized in my scraproom. I took a Big Picture Scrapbooking class 2 years ago to deal with getting an organized scraproom. I don't know what happened. I guess I just figured that it was a one-shot deal. WRONG. It is something I am going to have to maintain. (once I get back to an organized space)

Resolve - I dug out my class materials and am starting the class again on my own. This is week one.

.

.

5. STOP:

.

Status - I have cancelled my sub to Unity. It was a hard thing to do, but I did it.

Resolve - Cancel my sub to QK and Cocoa Daisy. CD is going to be a tough one to STOP, but I will do it because I have too much stuff already.

.

.

6. Cook:

.

Status - I have done pretty good with this one. I didn't cook the day I had my eye surgery only because this time it hurt afterwards. So, Danny went out and got food and brought it home. I have eaten lunch out way too much.

Resolve - Pack a luch while putting the food away. This should make it easier in the mornings to bring lunch.

.

.

7. Less:

.

Status - I have been eating less. I have taken less food to start with and NOT gone back for seconds. I haven't dropped by the craft stores as often. I have only been once this year so far. I did take the girls to Barnes and Noble. BUT, they used their own money (I offered to pay because I am a firm believer in books).

Resolve - Keep up the smaller portions and keep it to one serving. Maintain my distance from the craft stores. Try to read the stack of books already collecting dust in the house.

.

.

8. Desktop:

.

Status - Still as messy as ever at work. Made a bit of progress over the weekend at home.

Resolve - Set the timer at work for 20 minutes a day to tackle the paper mountain. Keep up with the Organization class for the scraproom at home.

.

.

9. Finish:

.

Status - I have finished the Disney 2009 Vacation Album.

Resolve - Make a list of outstanding projects. Rate them with regard to percent completion and estimated time to finish. Should make it easier to tackle. (It's going to be a scary long list.)

.

.

10. Relax:

.

Status - So far, I haven't stressed about the progress, or lack of progress of any of the above. I have felt a bit guilty, but I think that will be with me forever as I was trained in the Catholic household of my grandmother's guilt. No, really, it's okay...

Resolve - Keep up a monthly re-View. This in itself is a feeling of accomplishment. Now to get out my iTouch and schedule in some PHOTO time, TREADMILL time and 30 minutes for the ORGANIZATION CLASS. And make a HEALTHIER FOODS grocery list...

.

.

.

SO, how are YOU doing this year?

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow. Impressive list.

I love the pic of you Jana. So cute.

Me? Well, not so well . . . i had plans, but then life happened. But you just get back on that horse, right? Or take another bite of the elephant.

(Can a vegetarian do that? LOL)

Rosemary said...

I admire you so much for not only undertaking change but being brave enough to do it and be upfront and out in the open with your progress. You are doing pretty well and I'm glad you're giving my friend some slack because she's pretty wonderful and making progress - yep, eat that elephant one bite at a time and I will try to do the same regarding my own resolutions.

That is a cute pic of you!

Tyggereye said...

This is great! I love seeing how people are doing and if things have been long forgotten by now or not. lol.

I'm having trouble staying with in my 5 lbs of goal weight. I'm way up, but working on it. Other than that pretty good. I'd love to see pics of your scrap room. Get it all clean and show off some pics! :)

Electra said...

Way to go, Jana, it's good to see you're being kind to yourself.
I'm doing reasonably well on my decisions for the new year, although I did go to the donut store on Saturday and I've found myself hyperventilating a few times over things that really don't matter in the big picutre. Progress, not perfection!

Casii said...

For all my resolutions I plead the fifth.

I love your honesty!