Sunday, February 7, 2010

Opus Gluei LOVE & Mojo Monday Sketch 124



The challenge this week on Opus Gluei is to use

.

PINK, WHITE and RED.


The sketch on Mojo Monday is this:



.

.

Now, I don't particularly like Valentine's Day. Rather, I don't like the madatory purchase of flowers, candy and cards to display your love for someone. It seems phoney to me. But, if I don't partake, I feel guilty. And when I receive some gift, I always wonder whether it was forced token or not. See why I don't like it.

.

Any how, I do let people know that I love them.

And here are a couple of cards I made.


..

Nothing too spectacular.

But I did get to use my Copic markers.

I colored the flowers. I love those markers.
.


.

I am going to make a few more cards.

I want to come up with a different design.

If I do, I'll post later in the week.

.

.

(you can click on the pics to enlarge them to see details better)


5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Love your cards. They are just darling. I used to do this kind of thing years ago. Don't even have the supplies any more.

My hubby TOTALLY agrees with you on the Valentine's thing. Sigh.

Not that i miss it so much, but it was always a dream of mine to get a beautiful box of candy some year.

Hope you have fun with it. :)

Rosemary said...

Hey, I love the candy and flowers - any occasion with candy is nice (LOL). Great card, I am really interested in the Copic markers, you enabler you!

Stampmyart said...

It's kind of that way with any holiday they have now capitalized on the income it generates so much, the holiday seems to take the back seat. It's one reason I LOVE homemade, because you know then that it is from the heart and not just because someone felt obligated. :) Neat card. Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

lauren bergold said...

i'm SO with ya on valentine's day. and sort of most "made up" holidays. even the real ones...& yeah, it's cause i don't like the obligation aspect. ah well. it's hard to get too upset about a holiday which would engender such inspired coloring, layering, and pink+red heart-based goodness in the card-making realm, tho, so perhaps i should re-think...? (~♥~ these cards, BIGTIME!)

Bobbi said...

I agree with you about Valentines days. It's all for Hallmark, to sell more cards.... but hey, I will never been known to turn down a box of chocolates.
Love your cards..
I've been drooling over Copic Markers just haven't taken the plunge yet.