Wednesday, August 18, 2010

flashback friday

Amy Tsuruta is hosting flashback friday. She wants us to flash back to the first card we posted. I gotta tell ya, it took me 45 minutes of searching to finally find it. Here on this post from March19, 2009.

Amy is giving us until August 20th at 11:59pm PDT to re-blog our first cards. Then she'll use a random # picker to pick a winner of some blog candy. How cool is she? Even if you don't win the candy, you win. Cuz how cool is it to see where you've been and how far you've come.
.
.



.
.
Wow. I have had my blog since December 19, 2007 and it took me that long to finally start making cards. Anyway, this card was made for two challenges. Papertake Weekly (include something edible) and 365 Cards (make a birthday card without words.)






This is one I would make again. Sort of. Now I would add some bling. Maybe lots of bling. I still like it.

13 comments:

Lori said...

Let's just say it's better than my first card ever was. Very cute! Here's hoping you win!

Electra said...

I like it . I can't play, cus I HATE making cards. Did then, do now. I'll let you mwke them for me, K?

Tee said...

Wow! that is sooo pretty for a first card...Thanks for leaving love at my blog!!

TFS!!
Hugs
Tejal

yyam said...

That's such a sweet first card! Love the window! :)

Spardha said...

beautiful first card!.. very neat!.. and i LOVE your photography! :)

Smita said...

Going into flashback mode sure is fun!! I love the ribbon and paper on this card. Thank you for dropping by mine too :-)

Hugs,
Smita

Unknown said...

Cool, I will have to check out my first card I posted..sounds like a fun thing to do. LOL
Cheers

Tyggereye said...

Oh this is cute! I love that she's doing this. I saw Lauren's yesterday. I need to try to dig up mine. lol

StampingRaeRae said...

Great first blog post! Did you use a nestie for the center or a punch? I am big on bling too! The more the better!

~amy~ said...

Yahooooooooooo....fabbie first card:

1. cupcakes...who doesn't love cupcakes?!!!

2. Great color combo

3. It was for a 365 Card challenge..that totally rocks:)

Thank you sooooooo much for playing along with my Flashback Friday Challenge...isn't it fun to 'go back in time'....time certainly flies, doesn't it?! I'm sooo glad that I met you via blogging...you are quite the whipper snapper {my kids hate it when I say that word...so since I'm not saying it and typing it, that makes it okay}...seriously though, you are chock full of talent and laughs...your humor is fabbie...

thanks again for playing along!!!!!!

Rosemary said...

Oh, you are so bad - now I have to play along!

Your first card is marvelous and I love that it is all the bright colors you love! PERFECT! I like it as is but I guess a little bling NEVER hurts!

((HUGS))

Jessica G. said...

Wow - you tackled a technique for your very first card? Impressive! Cute card and I definitely like that window effect!

lauren bergold said...

WOW!!!!! ok, as with miss rosemary, if you had not told me this was your first posted card, i would NEVER have guessed!!! this is FAB...i love the cupcake...and the glitter...(all my cherries shall henceforth have red glitter on, i declare!) ...and that jaunty ribbon thru the window thingie... YIKES, missus, you even rock in retrospect!!! ♥♥♥