Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Inch by Inch, Smile by Smile, I'll take over the WORLD.

I can safely post these with out fear of exposing them before they reached their destination. These went to Scotland for a Swap-Bot swap. I just love that people all over the world have my works. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. And NO, it isn't the temperature out. Anyway, the swap was to use ONE stamp on FOUR inchies. (I also sent a couple of extra's. Cuz it's always nice to get something you didn't expect.) Anyway, back to the swap inchies, I didn't want to make the same one in different colors, so here's what I came up with:



The first one was inspired by ROSEMARY. I LOVED the ones she made for the Inchie Swap I hosted a bit back, so I made a feeble attempt at re-creating one. I still like hers better, but now I can say I made one. (The stamp on this one is her hat. Not really easy to tell right away.
The one next to it is a clear plastic bubble sticker that I popped on top of three cutouts of the stamp. I think it looks like a lillypad in a pond.
I was trying more for a landscape-y feel (green on the ground, blue in the sky) with the next one, but it looks more like an eye. (Just can't win them all.)
The last one is FAR better looking in person. It is an inch of white cardstock. Yes, I said WHITE. I stamped the flower four times, then colored in the flowers and finally filled in the background with black. Then I stuck gems down and covered the entire thing with Dimensional Glaze. Finally, when it was dry, I outlined with a silver pen. It is stunning in person, even if I do say so myself.
Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Rosemary said...

Love these - they are really cool and it is so hard to believe how much art you can put into a square inch! (thanks for the sweet shoutout on the inchie, I love this and you can tell it is her hat)

That last one makes me think of a stained glass piece. Beautiful.

Lori said...

These are awesome, and from one stamp? How creative are you? You're really addicted to these, aren't you? lol!

Jana said...

Lori, I want to get enough to make a really cool canvas covered in them. Stand by for more, more, more.....

dianna said...

Stand back....Jana has gone worldwide baby!
LOVE that Dimensional Glaze : )

Electra said...

GREAT work! Hey, are you doing the four seasons inchie swap though Swap-Bot? Mind a re done.

Jana said...

Electra - YUP! I am signed up for all FOUR of them. I am working on them now. (Well, not at this exact moment. I should be "working", but am blurfing. Bad girl.)

trisha too said...

These are GREAT!!!

You're making me want to go join some more swaps . . . I haven't even taken the awesome inchies you sent me outta the amazing package yet!

I keep showing it to people, saying, "Look what this awesome swapper did!"

Lindsay Weirich said...

really cute inchies!