Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Whatcha Reading Wednesday - August 11

Over at Busy Moms Who Love to Read, the Whatcha Reading Wednesdays prompt this week is to type the first 2 sentences of the second chapter of the book you are reading.

.Of course you have to warn folks if it is a major spoiler, but I am fairly certain that in chapter 2 we'll be pretty safe.

Anyway, I didn't finish COVET. Which quite frankly, baffles me. I can't believe how busy I have been to NOT have finished this book.

Here are my sentences for this week:

....Marcus Reinhardt Jewelers, est. 1893, had been housed in the same gracious brick building in downtown Caldwell since the mortar in iys deep red walls had been set. The firm had changed hands in the Depression, but the ethos of the business had remained the same and prevailed into the Internet era: high-end, important jewels offered at competative prices and paired with incomparable personal service.

2 comments:

Tyggereye said...

Bummer you weren't able to finish it. I hate when I don't finish a book usually. Right now I'm reading short stories "many bloody returns" with some stories by Charlaine Harris in them. Vampire stories. Gotta love em. Hope you have a good weekend!

Rosemary said...

This paragraph sounds interesting - hope you get some more reading time!