Monday, March 3, 2008

Attack from outer space....

I can't believe that it is already Monday. Where did the weekend go?!?!?!

I worked late Friday night. I know what you are thinking. I work for the government, how could I possibly be "working" on a Friday night. I had a deadline. I worked until the numbers were running together. Then, I called it quits and went home to my grumpy family. Oh, JOY.

Saturday I carted the bookends, as I lovingly refer to my oldest and youngest together, to their swim lessons. I decided to wear workout clothes and stop into the weight/cardio room at the rec center. Since I was there already, I may as well get started working out. We got to the rec center, pulled out our membership cards and waved them in front of the little scanner. Whew. Past obstacle number one. NO ONE laughed hysterically that I was actually going to use MY membership. Dropped the girls at the pool. No easy feat. They have to get undressed, stuff everything into one locker and shower before entering the pool area. Argueing with a stubborn 8 year old is no fun in a locker room where every word echos. Ask anyone in there. I am a BAD mother. I threatened to pulverize my beloved baby girl. I think she argues for the fun of it. Anyway, I stayed long enough to see them join their classes and then found my way to the weight/cardio room. I peeked inside and immediately went to the front desk. Surely I can't just walk in there and start using this elaborate equipment without an orientation. (Are you hearing the stall factor????) I was directed to the weight/cardio room for a brief orientation. Got the nickel tour. Lo and behold there was an ELIPTICAL machine (I think aliens planted them here on earth to take over our minds and bodies. Doesn't it look like some sort of science fiction outer space alien????) available for my use. WOO HOO. You can only sign up for 30 minutes at a time. It was 20 minutes until 11. Swim class ends at 11. Perfect. No problem here.

I told myself and my orientation guide that I would try for 20 minutes.

After 5 minutes, I thought I was going to die.

After 10 minutes, I knew I was going to.

After 15 minutes, I just gave up and started looking for the light.

20 MINUTES, I didn't die. I made it. I DID IT. I am so proud of myself. I felt great all day. But that is over now. What a short lived HIGH!!!

It is Monday and I have a splitting headache. It is past time for the office to accept someone leaving for an hour to workout. (Yup, my office is cool that way.) So, I am not going to work out today. I am going to give myself permission to NOT work out today. (Sound convincing to you??)


Amy said...

yes, it does...and LOL on the elliptical..yes I'm pretty sure I've looked death in the face a few times there too...

Annie Nonymous-Person said...

You know, if you weren't sure what that device was for, you could certainly convince some people that it was a medieval torture device. We know it isn't, it's a MODERN torture device. Keep it up, HOOT HOOT.

Kellan said...

"After 5 minutes I thought I was going to die" - HA! That would have been me too! Good for you for making it to 20 minutes - I have such a hard time with those machines!!

Thanks so much for stopping by - so nice to see you!! And, Thanks so much for stopping by and thank you for the prayers for our precious baby. We are hoping for the best, of course, and appreciate all the prayers. See you soon - Kellan