Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh, by the way Mom....

Don't you just love those "Oh, by the way"s? I got one this morning at 7am. I was dressed and ready to go. I was getting the two younger ones fed (in the kitchen of course) when I hear this heart stopping statement coming from upstairs. "Oh, by the way Mom, can you drop me off at school at 8:30? I need to make-up some work from when I was out the other day." You know the day you had to miss work because I was sick. Okay, she didn't say that last sentence, but you KNOW I was thinking it. (insert HEAVY sigh here)

"Yes, dear, I will drop you off at school at 8:30 this morning." Keeping in my urge to add that I will be late to work by doing this. After all it isn't her fault she got sick and had to miss school. Is it? Nevermind....

So here I am ready to get going. I have the two little ones ready to catch the bus, and now I have an hour and a half. What to do????? Didn't take more than a second to decide my activity.

I had just purchased scrapbook paper (yes, more) last night at the Dollar Tree. Along with several other items, thanks to my darling little spendy angels




and decided that this paper would look great on the clipboard I will be using for Stacy J's LOM class which starts tomorrow. (nothing like waiting until the last minute. kind of a rush, don't you think)



I glued the paper down and looked up at these naked clothespins just screaming for a little color. So I obliged.



Well, I have to get back to work now.
Maybe those "Oh, by the way"s aren't so bad after all....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Weeeelll ..I'd have to say it was worth it..lol..that clipboard turned out really cute..

Rosemary said...

Love the clipboard and glad to see you didn't leave those little clothespins naked - they deserved a little shot of color and style too. Hoot hoot