Monday, April 21, 2008

Another sick day for one of the girls...another productive creative day for me.

Yup, Melissa had a fever this morning. She also claimed that her tummy was not feeling good. (Thankfully, nothing came of the tummy ache.)

I had to take Megan to school, and decided to swing by the store and get more children's drugs. So I thought I would get the ingredients to make the flower pens for the Mother's Day PTA fund raiser. I have volunteered to make and donate flower pens to the elementary school PTA for the past several years. Last year the PTA decided to go a different route. There were so many requests for the pens that they decided to ask for the pens again.



So, I picked up pens, flowers and florist tape to make approximately 200 flower pens for this year. I got about 100 of them done today. My fingers were a bit sore, so I took a break until later this week.
I also picked up these applique' flowers. I didn't know what I was going to do with them. Only that I HAD to have them.
I scrapped a bit today too. AND used those new flowers.

3 comments:

dianna said...

You are a BUSY lady...
Love that lay out with those beautiful flowers*!*
You'll let us peek at those pens right?

:)

Martha said...

A friend gave me a bouquet of pen flowers (because I'm a consultant - Pampered Chef)....and I LOVE 'em.

Amy said...

wow you're busy! love that layout, and the flowers, might need some of those...and your fun flower pens! Want to see those when they're done!