Friday, May 28, 2010

Getting in the mood...

Getting ready for the OPERATION WRITE HOME Blog Hop this weekend.
It starts tomorrow morning and goes on all weekend.
I felt pretty inspired by the whole thing, so I made this mini album for my sister. Her son is in the Coast Guard.
I was cleaning out some paper in my scrap room and ran across this Little Yellow Bicycle album that I have had for a couple of years. The colors are perfect for a mini Coastie album. Plus I have this stamp set from Unity Stamps that has all the logos for all the branches of the armed forces. I know, how cool is that.


Here are pictures of the album as it unfolds.



I love the official portrait of him. I scanned it and printed one to fit this space.


These are my daughters with him at his graduation from boot camp.
And a picture of him at my sisters house.



He played the trumpet in the band at bootcamp. They got to march in a parade in Cape May.
Him and some buddies


Here he is in a posed picture with the trumpet.
And a picture of him and one of his good buddies.



I told you it was cool.
Lucky thing I am a pack rat.
Hope you are primed and ready for some card loving, blog hopping tomorrow.
See you there, well, here.



5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is amazing!

Rosemary said...

This is a fantastic album, Jana, I love it and who wouldn't? It's beautiful and really honors his service. Your sister is going to love it so much. The colors of the album were perfect and I didn't know about this Unity stamp set, must find it.

Congrats on a great project well done!

Electra said...

Wonderful album! Everything flows together so well! I bet your sister will love it!

Lori said...

Really awesome book, Jana, I'm sure you're sister will absolutely love it to death!

Karen Howard said...

Jana, this is so special and I'm sure your sister will love it! So thoughtful of you! Gorgeous papers and wonderful layout.

Thanks for sharing photos of the mini album unfolded!!!