Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a New Year, Baby - And for me that means a New Notebook

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

to you, your family and friends.

*****

I don't know about you, but I like to keep a little notebook in my purse. I jot down odd bits of information. Sometimes a phone number, sometimes an idea for a new project and sometimes a memory I want to keep. Well, this years notebook, at least the one I will start with, is going to be a little Moleskin. I love them. Don't know why. Just do. I made this one my own.



I stamped several different images in several different colors. And then colored the border in with watercolors. I used a workable fixative to seal it. I also used my gold leafing pen to gild the edges of the pages. I couldn't get a picture to show this little feature, but, I think it looks really cool. Trust me on this one.

I even wrote the first note in it. A little bit of gratefulness for the New Year.

What are you doing NEW right now? I know that there are A LOT of resolutions going on, but what are you doing NEW right NOW?

7 comments:

Sian said...

My son buys me a lovely new diary every Christmas, so right now I'm filling it up with birthdays I need to remember

consmayoral said...

Feliz año nuevo, igualmente para ti y los tuyos desde España.

Tyggereye said...

That is so cute! What a great idea to my loose pieces of paper in my purse. lol.

I'm doing the 29 gifts thing right now. Thats new. :)

trisha too said...

Happy new year to you, too!!

I'm going to have to change your link in my blog roll--great new name!

:)

Rosemary said...

Oh, I love having a notebook in my purse - I have a notebook in there right now. HOWEVER, it is not 1/10th as sharp looking as yours! I love this and it's a great project for this week's OG theme!

Electra said...

Right now? right this very minute? Well, I'm wishing you a Happy New Year, Jana. A great big happy creative one!

Lori said...

This instant? I'm leaving a comment on your blog, silly. lol. Great little journal. Love how you made it your own..here's to a creative 2011!