Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WOYWW #91


So, what's on my desk this Wednesday?

A few bookmarks that I am working on. I have a "thing" for bookmarks. These are made using masking fluid and watercolors. I sketched a random design on a 6x6 inch piece of cardstock, painted the masking fluid, waited for it to dry, and then painted with watercolors. After that was dry, I rubbed off the masking. It's kind of like rubber cement. Then I cut the cardstock into 2x6 inch pieces. I used a Tim stamp and a rub-on on one. I'll make a fairy bookmark out of one and am undecided about the last one. We'll see...

Also on my workdesk is a mess from my art journal that should be put up. Sheesh. I am impatient. I think that putting my workdesk out there every week is helping me to see how sloppy I really am. The paints should have been put away, and the dried paint should be wiped off, and the brayer should be put up too. Along with the waterbrush and the watercolor crayons. (you can barely see the edge of the plastic box on the lower right)

Maybe Julia at Stamping Ground is really out there to help us messy folk tidy up a bit. LOL

So, What's On Your Workdesk the Wednesday?

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hello? This is messy? Seriously? These bookmarks are looking so cool! I love how you've used the masking fluid. I have to admit that until I read this I thought this was a cool patterned paper that you found.

Your workdesk looks like you're being creative!

Twiglet said...

Oo your designs would be lovely done with silk paints on silk!

Don't forget to pop over to our shop and put your name down in the next gift draw.
http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
Hugs,
Jo

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous bookmarks - certainly lifts the spirits of this librarian! FTS, so glad I dropped by, Jo x

Susanne said...

Your post reminds me that I have a bunch of bookmark blanks that I should make up. Thanks for the inspiration.

The Crafty Elf said...

Awesome bookmarks and great technique. I hope you don't believe that that is messy, really?
Thanks for the peek!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

I don't think your workspace is sloppy, looks like your having fun with those bookmakers, which are very pretty. Thanks for the peek into your space, hugs, #160

shazsilverwolf said...

I love your bookmarks, and trust me, I can REALLY do messy!I just take my pics to hide it, lol. Shaz #125

Electra said...

Huh? Is THAT why we do the WOYWDWed? I didn't know that. Love your bookmarks AND your new header. Gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

Messy, I don't think so - you can still see lots of workspace! Sorry I'm running late this week but love your bookmarks. I share your thing for them and have a huge collection - must have bought one at every place I've ever visited - but never made any so there's a project for the future:) Elizabeth x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh no Jana, I'm way way too untidy and un-proud to be of any help in inspiring tidiness!! Love your bookmarks..must go dig out my masking fluid....