Monday, April 6, 2009

Give Kids the World - warning - Wordy post ( well, wordy for me)

Last year I took Stacy Julian's Library of Memories class through Big Picture Scrapbooking. (I am an addict there). As you all can guess about me by now, change is bad. Or at least it isn't embraced full on. So here we are a year later and I am taking the class again, because she lets students take the class for a couple of years.


It involves a system that she has developed over the last ump-teen years. And she is still tweaking. Anyway, part of the system is to get your scrapbook albums in some sort of order. Not chronological mind you. So, I took the plunge and bought all new albums to get going with the system.



I bought new 3 ring binder albums, to make for easier page movements within and between albums. This left me with about 2 dozen post bound albums. I didn't want to take them to the local thrift store. I tried Craig's List. No takers.






So I have been talking with Wendy. She is in charge of information on getting together 1100 layouts and 110 12x12 albums to distribute to the children who are guests at Give Kids the World Village. It is a hotel designed for children with life threatening illnesses to go to major amusement parks in the Orlando Florida area. The whole experience is provided at no cost to their families. I agreed to send her my albums. She, and a group in Florida, try to get scrapbooks to put in each room at least twice a year.



Once I agreed to send my albums, I remembered that I had a TON of Disney related scrapbook swap items that were just sitting in my scraproom. I hadn't used them yet. So I decided to enlist my three daughters and we sat down one weekend and scrapped enough pages to put into 12 of the albums. 10 layouts are put into each album.




I was home with a sick kid today, so I stuffed layouts into albums. It didn't take very long.

Wendy has been so patient with all of my questions. She is located in the UK. So she answers questions regarding this wonderful effort. If you are interested in helping out, let me know and I will put you in contact with her.

Now to get these boxed up and in the mail...

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

You are such a good soul, Jana, and I'm proud to call you my friend. This is such a nice thing to do for families who already have so much to deal with, but you're helping to give them some precious memories together. This was some effort - but you did it!

Amy said...

What a wonderful idea..that is so sweet of you!!do they only want albums? or scrapped albums or ok yeah give me the info..LOL