Friday, October 8, 2010

Striking up a little ART...

It's really amazing what you can stuff into a small, 32 count matchbox. It's also amazing how tickled I get with these little treasure boxes. It's fun to make them AND it's fun to trade them. Okay, now pair that with my love of HALLOWEEN, and how could I resist!

I made this one to send off to my swap partner. I say that I made it, but really I took the matches out of the box, and decorated it. Then stuffed it with all sorts of teeny, tiny goodies.



I bought a package of 8 matchboxes (or was it 10?) at the Dollar Tree. I could have made the box from cardstock, but really, at 10 cents I think I got a sturdier box. Take that back, I KNOW I got a sturdier box.



See that spider in the box? It's attached. I glue dotted it down. Kinda creepy? Yup!
I hope my partner likes it. I do.



4 comments:

Electra said...

This is awesome, but that spider would give me a heart attack. It's maybe a good thing I'm not swapping with you this time. :-)

Rosemary said...

This is so cool, I'm always amazed at your creativity, you never have a dry spell.

Your swap partner is going to love this (or they are crazy).

Jessica G. said...

These miniature treat boxes are SO stinkin' cute! Love how they are decorated and yes, I AM amazed at all the goodies they contain. Thanks for listing a source, too!!

Tyggereye said...

Cute! I bet your partner will love them.