Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thinkin' 'bout it Thursday

Lately I have been thinking about the San Francisco Bay Area. I used to live there and sometimes, like now, I miss it. I miss the fog in the mornings and the fog horns that sound in the bay. I miss the hills. I used to ride my bike almost everyday on those wonderful hills.
One of the things I really miss is the close proximity to Monterey. And because SF is so close to Monterey getting fresh Artichokes is another one of the things I miss. SO when I saw them at SAM's Club the other day, I HAD to get some. And bring them home and steam them up so I could eat them.

They were YUMMY. Okay, I only had 2, but those two were YUMMY. The other two will probably get eaten by me later in the week. My girls have turned up their noses. Okay by me. (insert big grin here) MORE FOR ME!
What have you been THINKIN' 'BOUT this THURSDAY???

5 comments:

Sian said...

Now I'm thinking that I have never eaten an artichoke. Maybe it's time to put that right :)

Lori said...

Thinkin' bout inkin'....hee hee.
Well, I've had artichokes in spinach dip, but that's about it. I LOVE that. lol!

Becky B. said...

The only way that I've eaten artichokes is in sauces and pastas at restaurants and I LOVE them too! I've never cooked any myself, though...I'm a little intimidated by them - ha! ha! How did you cook them...maybe I'll give it a try if I knew how...

Jessica G. said...

Yum! Now I definitely need to get off the computer and go eat dinner....

Tyggereye said...

Only time I eat artichokes is in New Orleans. When I go there they have stuffed artichokes which I have to say are to die for. DIE FOR. Have you ever had them that way? I also love the hearts on salads. There was a study recently that if you eat one artichoke a day you're less likely to get demetia or something or other. Maybe it was cancer.. Hmm well it was bad and they said artichoke good! So there ya go.