Friday, October 15, 2010

Got your walls covered?

These are on the wall in the kitchen. I am still trying to decide on the best arrangement with the holes that are already there for the permanent decorations. I don't want to put any more holes in the wall. But I wanted to show these to you.
.
I like them all, but I LOVE the bat. The crow was the starting point. I got the idea from Rachel at "the Made with Love & Glue blog". Once I got the crow, I thought that a bat would look great too. And then, well, the skeleton was just laying there. I think I want something other than the skeleton. The scale is off, but for now it will stay as is.
.
You know how it goes.


Sorry about the crappy pic. It was taken with my cell phone because I am too lazy to find the camera.


The frames, skeleton, bat and crow are all from the dollar store. The paper is Martha. I took the glass out of the frames and painted them with a $3.40 can of black spray paint. Then cut the paper to size, used my ATG gun to adhere it to the cardboard, and used E6000 to glue the skeleton, bat and crow to the paper.
.
.
These were so easy, it almost seems like I am cheating. My 15 year old thinks that I am a bit obsessed with Halloween. I think she's wrong.
Now where did I leave my wand???

14 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Hey I love these!! I made some too - but I used some big black spiders that I found at Walmart- that might look good if you wanting to replace the skeleton?

Sawdust Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sawdust Girl said...

You're so funny! I love these. How smart of you to take a fab idea a step further and create a whole collage of spooky art.

Jessica G. said...

Great Halloween decorations; I've been known to coordinate frames with black spray paint, too!

How about a haunted house silhouette to replace the skeleton? You could probably print a perfect one out on acetate.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Halloween decor! These are awesome!

Electra said...

These are great, I'm off to the "Dollar" Store tomorrow. (except here we call them "Loonie" Stores. Thanks for the cool idea!

Sian said...

And over here they are called "Pound Shops". Very cool Halloween decorations. I bought a Martha Stewart magazine this year and I'm going to give a couple of her ideas a try.

Sawdust Girl said...

Just spotlighted this project. Thanks for sharing and linking up!
:-) Sandra

Katie said...

LOVE THESE!!! I really want to make them now although I have more projects than days left until my Halloween party! I'm a new follower of yours. Hope you'll swing by SewWoodsy.blogspot.com

Lina Thomlinson said...

Spotted these when Sawdust and Paper Scraps featured your project and I had to stop by and tell you I love them! I just so happened to have bought that Martha scrapbook paper today and this is a great way to highlight it. In my mind there's no such thing as being too obsessed with Halloween, but then we keep our Halloween decorations out all year long in our house. I'm now a follower of your lovely blog!

Tyggereye said...

OOH I love them. The raven is my fav. He's so cool. The skelly just needs a bit more contrast between him and the grey paper. Either have him on black oval or something or maybe spray paint him black. OOH that'd be fun. I wanna make some now!! Dang! lol. I see a dollar store trip in my near future.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Wonderfully cute and clever. Well done!

Rosemary said...

THese are fantastic, my crafty friend. You never cease to amaze me with your latest creations!

Vacay is okay, loving the warm breezes and swaying palm trees - a girl could get used to this kind of relaxation!

Lori said...

Love these!
p.s. your wand is by your broom, lol! Kidding!