Friday, February 11, 2011

Flashback Friday

Okay, so I am a little late to the party. The loverly Amy hosts FLASHBACK FRIDAY.



It all started out with her posting the first card she ever posted on her blog. She thought it would be interesting to see everyone else's so she added a linky-thingy. Well, it has evolved into it's own blog. How cool is that???

*****

Anyway, this week the flashback is to the first 3-D project you posted. I am not sure if this is just for paper projects or not, so I am posting the first 3-D project I posted which isn't paper AND the first 3-D project I posted which IS paper.

First the 3-D project which isn't paper:



Flower pens. Posted on June 2, 2008. I made 200 of these for the PTA to sell for Mother's Day gifts. 2009 there were PTA legal problems, so there was no sale. Last year I made 400 of these little babies. And the kids and teachers bought every last one of them. They are fun to write with. Leave me a comment on this post and I'll enter you into a drawing to win a couple.

And now the 3-D paper project:


Posted July 9, 2008. It's the Happy B-Day Dad cake banner. Yes, it was for my husband. The girls picked the Transformers theme for his birthday. They are cute that way. He's had Pirates, GI Joe, Super Heros. The cake was from a bakery. And yes, it is lop-sided. But it was tasty anyway. It was a simple banner. And I was SO thrilled with it. Now it seems really simple to me. I look at it and think that I could do SO MUCH MORE. LOL

It's fun looking back on what your first posted 3-D project was.

A lot can change in a couple of years....


8 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Jana! Those flower pens are so Lovely and Very Creative! I think you did a Fabulous job with your banner - I have not been brave enough to even attempt one yet!
Nancy :D

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

400!!!! WOW!!! How did you do it??? But no wonder you sold them all - they are AWESOME and so is the cakebanner !!!! I would love to try to make sth similar! Glad my 2 year old had no idea how dull his B-day cake last week (only two candles 0-:) was in comparison Isn't this such a GREAT challenge ? - so glad you played along!

~amy~ said...

sweet mother of pearl woman..you are a flower pen making machine....400? How long did that take you? How did you store all the finished pens...it must have been like a glorious flower shop in your home! Okay the banner? You were HIP before the banners became all the rage...I'm so going to be watching your every move to find out what the newest trend is going to be...so very glad that you posted BOTH of your 3D projects...you're truly magnificent! thanks for playing along in the Flashback Friday Fun!

Susan said...

What a happy birthday scene, the banner is adorable...don't they just make you happy to make one? Sweet cake! Did you make the cute football card also???

And all I can say for the flower pens is WOW! Mass production, hope it was a success.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, hope you finally got to see my first 3-D project.

Susan

Rosemary said...

I remember being astounded at how many of those flower pens you created - I expected your fingers to be worn to nubs. But you never cease to amaze me. I remember the Happy Bday cake banner and it was wonderful. Has it really been that long ago that all the blogging started???

Rosemary said...

I remember being astounded at how many of those flower pens you created - I expected your fingers to be worn to nubs. But you never cease to amaze me. I remember the Happy Bday cake banner and it was wonderful. Has it really been that long ago that all the blogging started???

Electra said...

You've come a long way baby! I like those flower pens too. Hey, I've never seen a birthday cake made of paper-good job!!!

Ravengirl said...

How fun to add a banner to a cake! I may have to try that for my daughter's birthday this year!