Sunday, February 20, 2011

Imagination Bookmarks

I usually have a couple of books going at the same time, so I need more than one bookmark.

I made a couple more bookmarks today. Using Tim Holtz's book Compendium of Curiosities. The technique I used is on page 59. Which happens to be the Challenge this past week over at the lovely Linda's blog. (Coincidence? Hardly. It's why I used this particular technique on these bookmarks.)

I used a new (to me) set of Tim stamps.


For the one on the left, I stamped the bird on white cardstock and then masked it for the rest of the stamping.

For the one on the right, I created the background with watercolor paints, then masked it for the rest of the stamping.

I like them both.
And they're flat.
So that makes me VERY happy.


8 comments:

Deena said...

absolutely gorgeous....

Lori said...

Love these, Jana. That sentiment is one of my all time fave Tim sentiments, I love it. Love that bird, too, and your masking is great!

Tyggereye said...

I love these. They are so neat!! I LOVE making bookmarks. These are my fav. I want some just like them. I love Tim stuff as you know!!

Sian said...

They are both fabulous :)

Linda Ledbetter said...

Holy cow, you made MORE, and they're as wonderful as the first two! Jana, you're rocking the mask art in the most lovely ways! Great job-- again!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous bookmarks! Love them!

Electra said...

I like them both too, Jana. And they are too so clever.

Nancy said...

Beautiful bookmarks! Fantastic stamps and masking!!