Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love is in my kitchen

I couldn't figure out how to hang it on the mantel without pounding nails. And given that it's almost midnight, I figured I should find a quiet method to display my LOVE banner for pictures. (Bad pictures, did I mention that it's almost midnight?!?!)

Anyway, Rosemary and I challenged each other to a "Banner Off", so to speak. We had to include at least 10 hearts, 2 types of lace, some bling and there were other requirements which escape my mind right now. (You know it's late, right?)

And we were to post right about now. (either midnight or 6am. I will be a little late or really early. I can't remember which.)

Enough chatter, you say? Okay then, alright already, here's my Valentines Banner:




I finally decided to temporarily (or permanently) hang it on the kitchen curtains for the photo shoot. Bad lighting. That's my story.



I just love these little cupids. I took velvety ribbon and adhered it to chipboard and then ran it through my Big Shot with the cupid Sizzix die.




This is the only one that I stamped on. I used the music roller from Stampin' Up and Tim's Distress Ink. I think it was Tea Dye.




This was actually the last Heart I decorated. After the others, I figured I would give your eyes a little resting spot. LOL




I had fun doing a little beading on this one. I just used a jump ring to hang them right onto the lace.




I used a cupid facing the other direction. Sort of bookends if you will. I really love how the rosettes look on this one. I used varying layers of mounting tape to give them different depths. (This one didn't photograph so well. But did I mention that it's late....)

This is my OPUS GLUEI project for the week. My Valentines decoration for the house. If you know me at all, you know that this is BIG. (Not so fond of Valentines Day, so this is a HUGE compromise on my part. Those darned girls can get me to do almost anything. Shhhh. Don't let them know. I'll be doomed if you do.)

I am entering this in:
Stamping Scrapping Challenge - which is Valentines this go around.
Sunday Stampers - which is For Your Love this week.

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

I love this, I really do - it's marvelous (the photos are quite good, btw). What a great idea you had for Cupid!

Yes, we do need to keep challenging one another.

Deena said...

ooohhh i like this...puts my little love bugs to shame...so tiny compared to the banners you two made...might have to step up my game a little....

Electra said...

I'm telling them, if it means you keep creating treasures like this. What's their phone humber?

Nancy said...

Wow! This is Absolutely Gorgeous!
Nancy :D

lisbonlioness said...

It is absolutely wonderful, an amazing piece of art!

Vivi Casale said...

oh, this is just fabulous!
Thank you so much for joining us at SSCC!!
Vivi & SSCC DT members

Hels Sheridan said...

Corrr, there is so much to look at!!! This is stunning, thanks for joining in with the SUnday sTamper x