Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jingle Belles


I had almost given up on making a card for this week's challenge. I took way more time than I expected to make my Valentines banner. (see two posts ago) But, as luck would have it, I was running late this morning.


Yeah, doesn't make any sense until you know that I have a small window of time to get my middle daughter to before school care. If I don't leave the house between 7:30 and 7:45 (can't leave until youngest gets on the bus), then I can't take her there because she will miss the bus and that wouldn't be good. So, if I miss that window, I can't drop her off until 8:30. So this morning I still hadn't showered at 7:30 when youngest caught the bus. Which meant that I had an hour before I could drop middle off. It takes me about 40 minutes to shower, brush and blowdry. SO, that left me 20 minutes.

Hmmmm. What to do?!?!?!
(Yeah, that was totally sarcastic.)

Being in the middle of my "purge the Studio" phase, I knew right where to find this little card kit. I added a pinking shear cut rectangle of felt and some lacey ribbon. And glued down some shiney tree confetti. AND whiz, bang...

 Jingle Belles Christmas Card.

You can see more cards from this week HERE.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Your "whiz bang" looks great! lol! Very cute, and hey, another one done!

lauren bergold said...

your crafty tales NEVERcease to amaze me, miss jana! and then the really annoying...i mean ♥IMPRESSIVE♥ (lol)...thing is you can actually THROW TOGETHER something great under those circumstances! at 8am??!?! at 8am if i can get coffee into my cup and my belly, in that order, w/o stains or burns...that's a GOOD DAY. i am just NOT IN YOUR LEAGUE, MISSUS!!! ♥♥♥

Rosemary said...

Jeez louise, you've been super Jana - she makes beautiful art, she purges, she is a great mom, and she works full time! Cripes, you're making the rest of us look bad (LOL)! Seriously, the card came out great - 20 mins flat - I'd still be searching for something I knew I had! Love the shimmer and the tree all trimmed out. PERFECT!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you used that confetti in your design ... and also managed to work in some soft, warm felt too ... thanks for joining our jingle belles journey.

Deena said...

great job on the card...your day sounds like ours...such a balancing act...don't have a clue how we get it all done! maybe #2 needs to be late more often? then you will have your christmas card stash full....

Electra said...

You're my hero. Capital HERO. All that and you made this? Wowzers.