Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bookmarks (not very clever, but at least you know what to expect)


OPUS GLUEI wants you to be WELL READ. Okay, at least make something to do with books. We aren't going to force you to read.

My take on this was bookmarks.

I don't like ANY bulk to my bookmarks. So I stamped mine. I started with plain white cardstock and stamped the alien. I also stamped the alien on a sacrificial paper. I fussy cut around the alien on the sacrificial paper to use as a mask.

The alien is for my oldest daughter. Whatever I can do to get her to read....


My other bookmark is a bit more grown-up.





This one was a little more complicated. I had to make masks for both the bee and the tulip.



For both of these I used Archival Ink, Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Broken China and Faded Denim), the script stamp is from the Flores Suaves stamp set from Stampin' Up. I just love that set. The alien is from Stampin' Up. The tulip and the bee are from the Flores Suaves set. And the flourish is a Cocoa Daisy exclusive stamp that I got in one of their kits in the past few years.


I am entering this in the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge hosted by the lovely Linda of Studio L3. She is quite the talented lady and offers up copius amount of eye candy.


I am off to read now.....

2 comments:

Lori said...

These are great Jana, I love your stamping. Flat is good.. both for bookmarks and cards to mail...

Linda Ledbetter said...

OH! Jana, these are FABULOUS!!! What do you mean, "Not very clever?!" Wrong-o, my dear, these are SUPER clever! I love the alien (the sentiment is PERFECT!) and the gorgeous rose and bee piece is stunning. Great job with the masking, and you chose such lovely colors. Bravo, times two!