Friday, June 1, 2012

TGIFF

I just stumbled upon this wonderful blog. Quokka Quilts hosts TGIFF.


Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.

I already post to WIP Wednesday, so I think it only logical to follow up with TGIFF.
(Partly because I forgot to post Melissa's finished quilt.)


Melissa picked out all of the fabrics, including the background. She picked the pattern. She arranged all of the blocks. I did all of the sewing.



 There were a few blocks left over. She wanted a really long quilt. I had to intervene.
We compromised and put the extra blocks on the back.

I knew that I didn't want to do the quilting. I LOVE piecing tops. Not so much the quilting. SO, I took it to a local long arm quilter. We picked out a varigated thread and a circles pattern to contrast with all of the lines on the quilt.
(click on the picture to see the details - the quilting can really be seen on the back)

This is the first quilt that I sewed the binding on completely with the sewing machine. I picked out a decorative stitch and went to town. It went quickly and now my baby finally has a quilt. It only took a year. Once I got started. Her sisters each got a quilt when they were 4. Melissa is now 12. Bad mommy. 


5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Not bad mommy, busy mommy. I love this, it is sooooo M3. She looks like she likes it too.

Great job!!!! A finish for 2012. Woohoo!!!!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Ha ha, that's third child syndrome. We 'suffer' from it too. :) Great quilt - your daughter has a good eye for colour. Love that quilting! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

JanetK said...

No way are you a bad mommy! That is a really great finish - your daughter made good fabric choices.

Laura said...

That looks great! Melissa certainly looks happy! Thanks for the compliments and for linking up. Check out tgiffriday.blogspot.com - i do the first friday of the month, MR does the 2nd, and anyone can sign up to host other dates. Let us know if you'd like to and approximately when... :)

Sian said...

It's stunning! and the fact that it was a real collaboration just makes it so special