Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Late Birthday Renee


This is me and my sister. She just celebrated her 40th birthday. I couldn't be there to celebrate, but I wanted to do something memorable for her. (I can post this now that she has received her package.) I got together 40 different items to give to her. And stamped the numbers 1-40 on them.

When she received the package, she wondered what the heck I had done. My nephew, Aaron, lined up the gifts from 1 to 40 and made her open them in order. I wish I had been there to see.

And here are the gifts before the wrapping.



I won't list them all, but I sent her some travel sized toiletries for her trip to Disney World next month, some stationery items, a book that we can read together (I got one for me too) and I sent her a couple of my favorite things. I love the salad tongs. We use them for serving just about everything. I also love Nivea lip balm in the tube. And I and practically welded to my Bubba Keg in the summer months. A new favorite is the Sharpie pens. They are great. Of course I sent her a bento box. Tinkerbell even.

I hope you enjoy all of these things, Renee. I love you and hope that this is the best year ever.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

What a great sister you are! Talk about a fun gift, or is that gifts! I LOVE THIS IDEA! You rock, GF!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you put how old i am on here!!!!! But I guess i can look past that because you are the most amazing sister, i love you so much and appreciate you even more!! I am so Thankful to have you!

Janice said...

Thank you for your comment on my 50 treats book. Your gifts look great and your sister obviously enjoyed them. My friend will get her gift today, but I don't know if she will open it yet. Fortunately, she doesn't read my blog lol