Monday, March 23, 2009

Menu Monday

I usually have a pretty good idea what meals I will be preparing for the week. I have to since I need to get groceries on the weekends. Usually on Sundays, but this week it was on Today. I really didn't feel like it yesterday and since we had the ingredients on hand for a meal, I didn't go to the store. I did make the menu for the week though.

Sunday - Chili Lime Chicken, Spanish Rice and Salad. Danny grilled the chicken to perfection. The rice turned out okay. Megan even ate the teenie, tiny cut-up onions without complaint.

Monday - Hot dogs, Bush's Baked Beans, salad, mini carrots and chips. Again Danny grilled. Nothing beats a grilled hot dog after a few months without one. Had to have a quick meal because I took the girls to the grocery store after I picked them up from school. And we didn't have much time.

Tuesday - Alvondigas (Mexican meatball soup) - This was the best pot of Alvondigas I have made EVER. I used canned beef broth instead of the cubes. I think it makes a BIG difference. I used 2 pounds of ground beef. My family was really hungry. There is about the same amount left over as we usually have with 1 pound.

Wednesday - Faux Hot Wings/BBQ Wings, mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes, green beans. Weird combo, but what do you want from a 9 year old. It was her pick. This menu didn't happen. I had a headache today and we had tons of leftovers and Thursday is trash day, so we ate leftovers and cleaned out the Fridge. We did have the mashed/sweet potatoes. Gotta love Bob Evans. We had the Chili Lime Chicken, and Morgan picked creamed corn. ??? She was happy. So whatever. She also had some of the leftover Alvondigas. I love that kid. She is so weird.

Thursday - Chicken with Asparagus - Jennie Low's "Chopsticks, Cleaver and Wok" cookbook. So tonight we had the Faux Chicken wings, asparagus and oven fries. One of these days we'll have the Chicken with Asparagus. Megan made dinner. Yup. The entire meal. I had another headache, so she stepped up and took over. I don't quite know who THIS kid is, but I am gonna let her stay for as long as she wants.

Friday - Pizza & Survivor. It's on again this week, so we are back on schedule for Friday nite. We actually had pizza tonight. It was really good too. I had to work late. Because it's Friday. Crappy deal, I know, but it's what I do. Anyway, I picked up Morgan from Track practice (She made the team.) and we headed over to Toni's Pizza. They make the best pizza. We got 2 extra large pizzas. A special - no peppers and a pepperoni. Good thing we got th extra large. We only have 3 pieces of pizza left. So much for leftovers for lunch Sunday.

Saturday - ??????

This is my sworn intentions. Subject to change at a moments notice. I will let you know what really happens.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Oh, you really are tempting me to move down there - and I'd be over every night for dinner. Morgan's godmommy loves what the Jana is cooking!