Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Traditions #17 - Season's Eatings

Excuse the quality of the picture. It was taken in a rush this morning with my phone. The camera battery needs to be charged. I promise to try to get it done tonight. (If I write it down, it might happen.)

The Christmas china gets pulled out for Thanksgiving. But the Christmas salt and pepper shakers have to wait until December 1. I don't understand my love of quirky salt and pepper shaker sets, but I do love them.

Mr. and Mrs. Claus were the first set. I got them the first year we were married. Something about them called to me. They were the only ones for many years. They faithfully seasoned our meals every year. All by themselves. Then in 2001, my SIL married a man with a snow globe collection. She was less than thrilled with his collection, and made him box it up. Mean, I think. So that year I added the Santa and Penguin on snow globe set. Every year it is placed on the table near my BIL. I'm pretty sure he gets a kick out of it. Santa's boots in the chimney was gotten through a school fundraiser. If I had known how cute they were in person I would have bought a set for everyone. LOL. Mickey and Minnie were a gift to me from my kids. Awwww. And the kissing snowman and woman are the newest additions, joining the crowd this year. They'll be placed on the table in front of DH. (I get Mickey and Minnie.) The girls rotate the others, because they can't decide which ones they like the best. It's just a fun, whimsical little touch to the table.

I mean, who wouldn't cheer up with these little guys?!?!?!

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

I love this collection, I really really do and you've shared something new about yorself I was unaware of!

I don't know which is my favorite, although the boots out of the chimney is awesome. Your SIL is mean, what the heck is wrong with a collection? That's just loco.

Thank you for sharing!

Lori said...

Too cute! Love the boots out of the chimney, that's my fave. Of course. What a great way to start the season! (and increase your salt intake)

Deena said...

Love them! everyone needs a little collection of cutsie or whimsy around the house...especially at the holidays

Electra said...

What a wonderful collection! It makes me smile.