Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WOYWW #101


This week finds me quilting. Working on a quilt for my youngest. Poor thing hasn't gotten her big quilt yet. Don't feel to badly for her. She does have a baby quilt I made for her. Somewhere in her room. I haven't been into her room farther than a couple of feet for a couple of months now due to the toys covering the floor. But that's another post for another day.

Back to the quilt. You can read more about it HERE. Basically, she picked the pattern and the fabrics. She arranged the blocks and I am the labor.

As is true to my nature, I have been doing a few other things too. The little owlie in the background was given to me by the youngest for Mother's Day. She knows I love me some owls. (insert HUGE smile) She made it in art class and is using some of Tim's stains to color/paint it. (I am supervising. Those stains actually STAIN.)

Also visible is my Tootsie Pop Drop stash. See those three boxes. I found them in a DC drug store last summer. I bought all they had and am glad I did. I haven't seen them since. (insert small sigh)

No paper crafting this week. I did manage to crochet a bit. Again, that's for another post on another day.

You can see more Workdesks from this fine Wednesday HERE at the loverly Julia's Stamping Ground.


*****

And now for WOYWW #100: here is my desk from last week:



Can't believe I did it again. I am making a promise to try harder next week.

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

The owl is so cute - I can't believe it is anywhere near the fabric, brave woman!

I am enjoying the adventures in quilting you are sharing - this is cool seeing it come together.

Your work table is entirely too neat, lol.

jude said...

Cute owl ,love the look of the quilt your making.What great creative busy desk this week!
Happy Creative Wednesday
hugs Jude x8

Sarpreet said...

love the sewing machine - need to practise some more, thank you for sharing. Happy WOYWW 101, not long left until the 2nd anniversary, have you done your PIF? #2

Andria said...

I've been using my sewing machine for projects lately, too, but none so ambitious as a quilt. Maybe someday.... :-) Happy WOYWW!

Deena said...

tootsie pop drops are awesome...i got some last time i went down to the states....mmmm...got me some milk duds too...but i see that milk duds are now available in canada...but haven't seen the tootsies anywhere :(

Kathryn said...

Hey Jana!!
Loving your space! I gave away one of my sewing machines, gives me the heebee jeebees to even think about getting into sewing, HA! You're a better woman than me! I did purchase the new kit by We R Memory Makers for stitching. About as detailed as I can get and I haven't even tried it yet!
Can't believe it has been almost a year since I've written to you! The inchie swap was a big highlight of my year! I promise to be a better blogfriend!
Hugs!!
kat

Lizzybobs said...

aw little owl how I love thee!!!! I love owls too - thanks for sharing your lovely busy desk - have a good week :o)

Elaine Harding said...

I spotted your Elna, mine is ancient, more than 30 years old - yours is the new modern version obviously! TFS Elaine #16

Julia Dunnit said...

Don't promise - tidy isn't quite so interesting! Am gonna hazard a guess that Tootsie Pop Drop is some sort of food or sweeties? Love the idea that your DD controls the quilt and you labour over it, how great a Mum you are!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Your owl is adorable!

So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html