Sunday, May 1, 2011

Matchbox challenge at OPUS GLUEI - #100

The challenge this week at OPUS GLUEI, the 100th challenge, is to create/decorate a MATCHBOX. And then swap it, if you like.

I have decorated matchboxes in the past for swaps, so this time I wanted to do something a little different.



Yup. I created a little garden scene. Giving the viewer a Sunshiney Day no matter what Mother Nature is up to outside.


I covered the match box in a pretty little paper. And made the sun, tree top and flower base. Then I colored them and glued them onto toothpicks. I made holes in the top of the box, cut the toothpicks to size. Then colored them too.




It was fun. And I think it's kinda cute.

And the best part is that all of these little elements store right inside the drawer.



Head over to OPUS GLUEI and take the challenge this week. Join in on the swap and just have fun.

3 comments:

Deena said...

this is super, duper cute!

Electra said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! The mail came today! I GET IT!!! This matchbox is so cool, I can't believe you coloured the toothpicks. What kind of drugs do you do, GF? And can I have some?

Deena said...

I have a matchbox for you (made extras)...will have to get your details when all the swap stuff is organized!