Friday, December 9, 2011

12 Joys of Christmas - 2nd Joy

My joys are not in order. I really don't think I could decide which I like the best. I am simply presenting them to you as I feel like it. Yup, it's all about JOY.

Christmas music plays on my car radio from Thanksgiving to Christmas Day. (Okay, not really Christmas Day because we don't normally drive anywhere on Christmas Day.) I set the radio to the local station that plays Christmas music for ME during this time period and there the dial stays. (Okay, it really isn't a dial any more either, it's digital. But you get the idea.)

Some of my favorites are:



Drummer Boy - Everyone has something to offer



Mary Did You Know - It moves me




Christmas Shoes - This one ALWAYS gets me teary eyed
(I am pretty sure these are the shoes too.)




Joy To The World - Mostly because I know most of the words




Santa Baby - We all sing along to this one 






And there are SO MANY more. I'm listening to Christmas music right now.

What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?



3 comments:

Rosemary said...

I love your choices, although I admit that sometimes I turn off the Christmas shoes because I don't feel like a cathartic cry. You also make me smile with the Little Drummer Boy, everyone has something to offer. You're adorable, Jana.

Gini said...

Just trying to walk in those shoes would make me cry, but I don't think that's the right reason...
I love my Christmas compilations of which I have many bought over the years and have christmas songs to suit any mood.

My favourites these last few years have been
Cyndi Lauper - Early Christmas morning
and
Steeleye Span -Gaudete
and
Gary Glitter - Another Rock 'N' Roll Christmas.

But I will listen to my tapes any time of the year I fancy, as I don't hold with superstition and I love christmas music!
Have a joyful week Janna!
Gini
xx

Sally said...

Great selection. My favorites are Mary Did You Know. It always gives me room for a lot of thought and my other favorite is Silent Night...What a Blessed night that must have been. Can you imagine how the Angels must have sang that night?