Friday, December 23, 2011

12 Joys of Christmas - 8th Joy

Like I said in the beginning of the 12 Joys, they aren't in order. Of any kind.
They are just being posted as I get them down.

That being said, here is the 8th JOY:


Our ADVENT CALENDAR.

I love that the girls have not gotten too big to fight over whose turn it is to put an ornament on the ADVENT CALENDAR tree.



Danny and I made this together when I was pregnant with Megan (18 years ago). It has been hung up and used every year since then. I made the quilted tree and he painstakingly painted each detail on the little ornaments. I made him initial each one on the bottom. He drilled holes in the top of each ornament and made the hooks out of earring wires. I sewed little beads onto the tree and the ornaments get hooked into the hole in the bead. The ornaments are timeless.

If I were to make an advent calendar today, the fabrics would be more modern. More ME. But I won't. I LOVE this one. It's US. A team effort that lives on every year.

2 comments:

Tyggereye said...

That is so pretty. I need an advent calendar bad. I want something, I just haven't decided what. lol. I'm so indecisive at times.

Electra said...

Me too, I always did this too! A tree quilt, little ornaments. How cool is that???