Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4 x 6 Recipe Card - Sunshine Chicken

It all started with a coupon. You know how it goes: You go to the craft store with a coupon. Don't really NEED anything, but that coupon is just burning a hole in your pocket. So you find yourself aimlessly meandering through aisles, slightly drooling.

WARNING: It happened to me. It could happen to you.

I had a 50 percent off coupon. 50 PERCENT. How could I ignore that one! So I am trying to decide which item I just can't live without, when I see "IT". The 7 Gypsies 4x6 Photo Stand. I really didn't know what I would use it for, but HOLY COW, have you seen them. They are mouth-watering gorgeous. It was snatched off that display quicker than my new dog can get the hunk of cheese out of your hand. Know what I mean?

I brought it home and assembled it. Because there is a bit of assembly required, but for half price, I can assemble. I did this at the kitchen table because my craft room is, well, full of crap. But it turned out to be a good thing. One of those gift horse situations. If I hadn't put it together on the kitchen table, it wouldn't have been put on the counter whilst clearing the table for dinner and my 15 year old (who is the MOST craft challenged in the family) wouldn't have asked if it was a new recipe holder.

BRILLIANT. I love that idea. And SO it was born. Yet another project for me. Cuz you really can't have too many, can you?

Here is the second recipe for my new Recipe Holder. (The first is a brownie recipe from Stacy Julian. It was sent in the mail for one of the 4 gazillion classes I have taken at Big Picture Scrapbooking.)



Feel free to use it. Let me know how it turns out for you. You'll love it. I just know it.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Looks yummy! I love the story about the coupon, sounds just like me! he he

Jingle said...

Oh, now that is a GREAT idea!

Tyggereye said...

ha! I love this. I'm going to have to make myself some sunshine chicken. Totally bookmarking this blog post.

Kristen H said...

This is really cool too! What a great way to showcase your recipes!!!