Sunday, April 4, 2010

Opus Gluei # 49 and my first hand-carved stamp

This week Opus Gluei is challenging us to SPARKLE.
I made a journal page with MY version of:



There is nothing to fear but fear itself.



My simpler version is shorter.
.
No special reason, I just like it shorter.
.
Any way, I used this striped patterned paper:
.




I traced the page template from my HEART the ART journal and stamped my own peacock feather stamp, with Staz On brown, in an arc. I was hoping to mimic a peacock's plummage. Then I had to stamp a white edge along the scalloped border because the word FEARLESS wasn't visible. Stamped FEARLESS. I stamped a grid onto a complimentary paper. Then the quote. All in black. I stamped an old Stampin Up background stamp of little dots on the wispy part of the feathers. Then I wrote the whimpy journalling. It looked pretty plain. SO I started to glitter. At first it was just the inside of the bigger part of the feathers. Then I decided to outline in green. Then it needed more, so I glittered more of the feather lines. Now you would think that was enough. NOPE. I colored in some of the dots with metallic Gelly Roll pens.





I am biased, but I think it's wonderful.
AND it SPARKLES. A LOT.


Now, on to the peacock feather stamp. It's all Gina's fault. If it weren't for her tutorial, I would never have tried to carve my own stamp. I am NOT a talented drawer, (nor did I do well in English) but I decided to try anyway. I'll post more Tuesday about my very own stamp and how I got to it. And the others that I now have.


Have a wonderful Sunday and


HAPPY EASTER

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

well i think the evidence is contradicting your claim to bad drawing here! by, like, A LOT!!! (i also think gina will be pretty happy to carry the can on "blame" for this!) YIKES, missus!!! this is glorrrrrrrrrrrrious! the stamp, the glitter, the page...heck the whole adventure kinda sums up the "FEARLESS" thing perfectly! (dontcha just ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ that??!?!?!)

Tyggereye said...

haha!! So cool!@ That is an AWESOME first stamp girlie!! You are totally gifted to be doing them too. Yeah! I love the page. Its now totally my fav you've done so far. Great job! I've been wanting to do a peacock stamp!

Rosemary said...

I love love love this page and I can't come close to telling you how cool that stamp you made is!!! OMG - I LOVE IT! You're so damn talented, I'm lucky to be your pal. LOL (I know, that's what she said)

so cool and this project is awesome.

Electra said...

This is really quite remarkable! Is there ANYTHING you can't do?