Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blurf Fav's and Pay It Forward

I haven't shared some of my 'local' hang-outs with you in a bit. So here are a few places I find myself lately AND a little Creative Person bonding opportunity. We all make things and share them here in Cyberland. But wouldn't it be nice to share a creation or two in REAL LIFE with someone else who creates? Read on to find out more, but in the meanwhile, here are a few of my favorite loitering locations. They are chock-a-block full of inspiration. In no particular order - except for Amy, cuz she had to be last because of the additional blurb, but enough of this, go on now...

* * *


1. Valerie at THE SUM OF ALL CRAFTS generously shares incredible images with us all, makes incredible art, shares her artistic journeys with us, AND she is a Star Trek fan. Talent and Trek: Can't beat that! Above is one of the MANY images she shares. Are the gears of your imagination turning yet???


* * *




2. Jenny at ALLSORTS creates, well, Allsorts of things. Above is just a sampling of Spring related items. She has a real love of all things British and whimsical. Not necessarily together though. She's certainly worth a visit.



* * *







3. Amy at Tsuruta Designs comes up with some of the cutest cards. She also belongs to a few Design Teams. I haven't even tried to count them. Just go to her place and have a look-see. She also posted about Pay it forward.

* * *

And now on to the ♥♥Pay It Forward for Creative People♥♥ information:



You take a pledge, sign up and mail things.

So here's the pledge:

I hereby promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment that they want to participate in the PIF challenge. In turn, they promise to post this and send something they made to the first 5 posters on their blog. Items must be received before the end of June 2010.



I don't know about you, but 5 seems like a whole lot to me, so although I will send to 5, I am going to change my requirement for you to send to 3 people. Just let me know and I'll add 2 additional people to my list to make up for the difference.



Won't you join me in the fun?

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Fabbie post Jana...love it when peeps share new linkies:)

woot woot...thanks for joining in the PIF fun!!!

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooh i love that image site...she has some FABBBBBB stuffs on there! ta v much for the linkie! ♥

Electra said...

These are so pretty! I'd love to be included in your Pay It Forward event. (Is Event the right word?)
Yes, Please.

Jana said...

Since Electra is the only one to Pay It Forward, I am left with no other choice than to send her EVERYTHING. (Well, not EVERYTHING exactly, but rather ALL 5 items.)
I'm still willing to take on more...