Sunday, April 10, 2011

Zentangle Weekly Challenge # 16 - Mooka


I am relatively new to Zentangle. I am learning the different patterns out there a little at a time.

I surf way more than I should. In my surfing, I found "I am the diva - Certified Zentangle Teacher".
Every week she is posting a new Zentangle challenge. I found her blog about 3 weeks ago and am just now brave enough to submit an entry to the challenge.

This week's challenge is based on a new Zentangle design called MOOKA. Named for Alphonso Mucha and his art.



I made this 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece using pens that I am not in love with.
I have since purchased a different kind of pen and hope to try them out this week. 
(You gotta love those weekly coupons for buys like this!)

6 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! Fantastic work! Very cool piece.

Beth Skipper said...

Too cool! I like that you made Mooka a solid color and used so many neat tangles as the background. Welcome to Zentangle, I am also a newbie. This is a great community.

Electra said...

Life would have no meaning without coupons. It's one of the first things I taught my girl. GREAT piece, Jana!

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cool! I thought it was one of the examples from the challenge blog - so you can see how impressed I am by how great yours turned out! WOW!

Rosemary said...

and coupons are fantastic!

Donna Wynn (Yogiknitgirl) said...

Love this . . . you were up early posting! I am fascinated with zentangle and never tried it, you make me want to try. Perhaps we can have tea or coffee together, since we are both in Virginia Beach, how cool we are creative neighbors!
Donna :)