Saturday, January 30, 2010

All Beaches are NOT the same.


Day before yesterday I was walking down the beach in Cocoa Beach, Florida.
It was 73 degrees, sunny and gorgeous.


My legs and sides are still sore from the walk.
(Yup, I am that out of shape. Plus, walking on sand is WAY different from walking on pavement.)





Today, I am staying inside because I am in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
It is 28 degrees, cloudy and snowing.

We haven't gotten real snow in years.
It is beautiful.
It is also really cold, so I am bundled up.
I am not a cold weather kind of girl. I love it hot.







Here is the view from our front door:


The sign is for Melissa being citizen of the month. Yay Melissa.






And from the kitchen windows:



Melissa made me post this one. She is thrilled with the snow on the table.





Poor little squirrel dropped his acorn and had to sift through the snow for it.






And from the windows in the back of the house:


Not sitting in those chairs any time soon.






You can see the deck peeking out at the bottom. It's raised about 8 inches.







The back of the snowman that the girls made earlier today:


You can barely see the carrot nose.


If I can get them to take pictures, I will post more.
Because I am so NOT going out there.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

What a cool contrast in where you've been and where you are!!! I love the pics. Of course you're sore from a beach walk, that's some serious resistance in that sand. Oh, by the way, that looks like it was beautiful. Are there claw marks along the wall of the airport from "helping" you get back home???

Congrats to Miss Melissa for her award! The snowman came out great. Too bad Mommy wouldn't shlep herself out in the cold and snow to take a photo from the front. (LOL)

Rosemary said...

BTW, I'm glad you are home safe and sound. I missed you, a lot, in case you didn't realize that!

Kathryn said...

LOL - it looks like the same storm that dropped 5 ft of snow on us. Cold!

But pretty. :)