Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Show and Tell

I was a busy gal this past weekend. I managed to finish one project (part of my 2010 Vision - I suppose I will have to suck it up and post a list of all the unfinished projects so you can keep tabs on me. Anyway, back to our currently posted subject...) and get started on another one that I signed up to do. (Finished project is at the bottom of this post.)

I am following Gina's Heart the Art challenge for 2010. I sort of did Emily Falconbridge's 52 Questions last year. I wrote down the questions in my art journal and answered them, but I didn't get artsy. This year I am going to get artsy. Gina has started, and will continue, to offer weekly prompts. Since December/January are REALLY busy for me, I only got to start today.

First off was deciding on a home for my works of art. At first I thought I would use an existing composition book that I have a few gluebook pages in. But when I went to look for it in my crap-room, I saw these Melissa Frances chipboard albums that I got at a scrapbook convention a few years ago and thought it was time I used one. So that was settled.

I made the first page while the paint on the cover was in process of drying/being applied. The first prompt is:


^^^^^^^^

AIM TO: what do you aim to do in 2010?


.


And here is the cover. I will add pages to the book through the year, so I haven't added the required ribbon to the spine. I am viewing it as the icing on the cake when the book/year is finished.

.

.
And here's a little detail of the cover. I used the negative of a Heidi Swapp chipboard letter and filled it with clear seed beads. You can't really tell, but I used a raw Scenic Route chipboard crown that I sprayed with a sort of glimmer misty thingy that I made with SU paint and alcohol.
.


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Remember these little books. I finally got the pictures ordered, cut them (I used 12 pictures in each album. I ordered them as 4x6's, so I had to cut them into squares.) and adhered the pictures in each one. Most of the albums have already made it to their new homes. One UFP (un-finished project) down, a gazillion to go...



Finishing the little Halloween album has me really motivated.
Look for more finished projects: COMING SOON!!!!

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

WOW!!! Good for you on all counts - I can't wait to see how this art book of yours evolves! Love what you have done already and I know you are going to complete it, I have absolute faith in you!

The mini albums look great, you have been very prolific. Guess we needed that break didn't we?

Tyggereye said...

So cool!!! Great book for the art prompts. I love this. That Halloween book is so cute!!! So glad you are playing along. You have some great style to your work. I love it. :)

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous!
you do really beautiful work Jana!
Blessings, Maria

lauren bergold said...

those halloween albums are brilliant and adorable!

but the main thing is: i love♥LOVE♥loooove your HtA journal & first page! soooooo fabulous and artsy and just flippin' COOL!

(note how suavely i am ignorin' the fact that by virtue of reading blogs BACKWARDS and LATE i have just asked a question on the post above which was answered previously in this one. yep. i'm SMOOOOOOOOOOOOTH like that.) :/